𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

╔══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╗
︳𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ︳
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

╔══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╗︳𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ︳𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

THE AIR IS KNOCKED OUT OF BLAZE as she looks up to see the girl from eight on top of her. She's holding a rusty hammer and Blaze scrambles for one of her knives as she tries to stop the girl.

"Ghillie!" Briar runs at the girl from behind and Blaze wonders if they had talked before the games. Thought about being allies.

Ghillie grab's Briar's arm and roughly slams the hammer into her side, sending her reeling. "Shut up Briar. You were supposed to be my ally! But you chose a fucking career over me."

Ghillie looks down at Blaze and disgust and Blaze doesn't give her a second before she stabs Ghillie in the stomach with her blade. Ghillie grunts but holds the knife there gripping Blaze's wrist. "Nice fucking try, two."

Ghillie uses her hand that's not gripping Blaze's wrist around her hammer and lifts into the air ready to bring it down on the career's head. Briar is there in an instant pulling the girl's arm back harshly. Blaze kicks up at Ghillie and the girl is distracted by the pain that Blaze has enough time to scurry back away from her.

Ghillie is surely angry now because she grabs Briar's wrist and twists.

Snap!

Briar releases Ghillie and stumbles back, clutching her wrist to her chest. Ghillie uses the moment to grip her hammer with both hands and send it down on Blaze's leg.

Blaze screams as blinding pain erupts in her lower leg and she struggles to back up any further with the pulsing pain radiating from the injury. Her hands grip her left calf, her eyes squeezed shut as she rolls back and forth in agony.

Ghillie turns to Briar and tries to swing at her but Briar leaps back still holding her ax with her one good hand and her left wrist hangs limply at her side. If looks could kill, Briar would be ten feet under.

Ghillie was extremely strong, stronger than Blaze thought any girl from a poorer district could be. It seemed like Ghillie also put time into preparing for these games. She knew she had a chance of going in and if she couldn't train with a weapon she would get stronger and train with her fists.

If Blaze wasn't in so much pain right now she would probably feel some kind of admiration towards Ghillie's dedication.

Ghillie and Briar are now engaged in their own battle. Briar struggling with only one hand to dodge Ghillie's angry attacks and Ghillie swinging at her wildly. Blaze's knife is still sticking out of Ghillie's side and she knows if she pulls it out the blood loss could help them win this fight.

Blaze struggles to stand and she finds that she can put little weight on her left leg. She limps closer to the girls and tries to keep her steps light on top of the crumbling rubble that is now the arena.