An Invite From No One? To the Land of Festivals!

AN: I don't own the original screenshot but I did edit it to add my OC in the mix! It's also the first ever edit I've done.

On the ocean's waters, the Thousand Sunny, vessel to the Straw Hat pirates, continued her voyage across the New World as her lion head shined in the sunlight whenever the sun's rays would hit it. Of course, the Straw Hats themselves were on the ship doing their own personal things as Brook, the musician, played a song or two for the crew to listen to.

That was one thing Mirai always liked ever since their skeleton friend joined them back on Thriller Bark. As the doctor's assistant to Chopper, a reindeer who happened to be the doctor of the crew, she always loved listening to Brook's songs whenever she and Chopper were in their office working on new medicines, antibodies, and enhancing their Rumble Balls even if they were perfect already with their duration times and most powerful forms embedded into them(Mirai could change into her most powerful form without one but still liked to keep them around if needed).

Mirai took Chopper's hat off and rubbed his soft head, making him giggle as he placed his hat back on in embarrassment. Some said it was weird for a human to have an animal as a sibling, but Mirai didn't mind. After all, he and Kureah were the only family she had after being casted aside by her own village. She left the office she and Chopper called their workplace as she began to check on the others. Ever since Jinbei finally joined the crew, Mirai couldn't help but smile whenever she saw him on the main deck. He was like a grandfather to her in a way.

Luffy, as usual, was the first person to greet her as soon as she walked on the main deck. "Hey Mirai!" he said with a smile. Mirai smiled back. "Heh, hey Luffy. Not a shocker that you'd be the first person who'd greet me," she replied. Luffy laughed and then said, "I greet everyone on our ship, what are you talking about?" The hybrid then giggled. She loved Luffy's sense of humor. Afterwards, the two parted as Mirai hopped on the main deck, a novel in hand. She was like Robin: Mirai was a huge book nerd. She often read lots of fiction and fantasy novels, since she liked to get lost in their adventures besides those she had with the Straw Hats.

As she sat on the main desk and began to read, Sanji happened to present her with her usual favorite snack: a plate of buffalo ranch wings. Since Mirai was half dragon, she often enjoyed lots of spicy foods, not just those that are cool and collected. Mirai thanked Sanji for her wings as he replied with, "Anything for you Mirai dear. Enjoy!" as he skipped off with a happy look in his eyes. Mirai rolled her eyes but smiled again. She couldn't stay mad at Sanji for that one bit.

Usopp, the first human friend she ever made before Luffy, eventually joined her and asked what she was reading. "Oh this? It's called Sea Witch," she told her sniper friend. The book's title kind of frightened Usopp a little bit, but when Mirai told him what it was about, he calmed down and sighed. Some of the other Straw Hats joined up on the main deck after doing their own things. Nami and Robin chatting and chilling with each other, Zoro from taking a short nap after training in his free time, Jinbei and Franky from steering the ship for a bit, and Chopper from his and Mirai's office. The first thing the reindeer did was head over to Mirai and Usopp, sitting in between them.

Luffy catapulted himself down with yet another laugh, soon greeting his fellow crewmates as Brook stopped playing the tune he was playing. Mirai placed down her book as she watched her captain be the dork that he was and greet everyone. Eventually, Mirai had the idea of doing a sniping contest with Franky and Usopp. While Chopper rested on Mirai's shoulder, Brook and Jinbei watched from the sidelines as Usopp took aim first, shooting at a tin can floating in the water. "Heh, not bad," Mirai replied with a smirk. Forming a fireball, she snipped it at the can, causing it to burn and sink to the water.

Usopp looked at the sinking can, bug eyed. This made Franky and Jinbei laugh. "Since when did she learn such good sniping skills?" Jinbei then asked Chopper, still resting on the hybrid's shoulder. "It was with lots of practice, but she is capable of shooting objects meters away!" the reindeer exclaimed. Jinbei was very impressed, so he smiled at the reindeer's words. Once Franky took his shot, he happened to notice a falcon flying towards the Sunny. "Hey guys...what's that?" he asked as the others looked up.

The others also watched as the falcon landed on the main deck of the Sunny, a piece of paper around its neck. Everyone looked at it, confused. "I've never seen a bird like it," Mirai said in shock as Chopper jumped off of her shoulder. He talked to it, soon saying to the crew that it arived from a town with an important message for them. Luffy took the slip of paper from the falcon as it cawed and flew away, startling Usopp and Brook.

"So...what does it say?" Zoro asked his captain. Luffy was about to read the message, but Nami snatched it from him and read after clearing her throat:

You are invited to a special trip to the land of Kitakami, the land of festivals, for information on a soon to be mission on discovering the secrets and hidden treasure of Area Zero, a dangerous and mysterious place that dwells in the Great Crater of Paldea. I've heard about your accomplishments, and I'd really like to meet you in person. Your destination is Kitakami. You can't miss it!

Nami rolled back up the paper as Luffy snatched from her again and read it to himself. "Kitakami?" Sanji asked crossing his arms. "Never heard of-" he was cut off by Luffy exclaiming in delight and victory over the chance of a new adventure, causing Sanji to roll his eyes. "Never heard of it huh?" Zoro teased the cook with a smirk. Sanji decided to keep his rage in after hearing Zoro tease with him, and he didn't want to upset Mirai after giving her her special snack.

Nami began to wonder where this Kitakami was, until she noticed one of the needles on the logpose she wore pointing in a left direction. It seemed as if they were close to Kitakami. "Well. Might as well go check the place out. Can't turn down the invite," Nami explained to the crew. "The invite said that Kitakami was called the land of festivals. I wonder what traditions they celebrate," Robin told herself with a smile. She enjoyed learning about this kind of thing after all.

Sitting on his special seat, Luffy then exclaimed, "Full speed ahead to Kitakami guys!" After hearing this, Nami gave out the orders as the navigator of the crew as everyone got into position to prepare to steer the Sunny, Jinbei at the head for being the helsman. With that, the crew sailed off for Kitakami, the land of festivals. Mirai was already getting excited for adventure as she and Chopper did their duties on prepping the ship. Luffy stood up on his seat and laughed. Adventure awaited him and his crew!