Frida snorted and shook her head at herself. She couldn't even address the elephant in the room and she'd have told him that she was going to ruin everything for him again.

Just great.

She had to be honest with herself, she didn't blame her... But goddammit If she didn't want to throttle her now more than before. Now that there was so much more to worry about.

Frida closed her eyes and instinctively placed her hands on her stomach. Her little one was nothing more than the size of a key. The key to all her problems.

She looked down and she felt a wave of protection and defense for it.

Yeah. She needed to clear everything immediately. She couldn't wait. She couldn't and didn't want to hide something so big and important for her. For once after a lot of time, she just wanted to think of herself.

Frida ran her hands through her hair and got up to go take a shower before having to go to the studio. She wouldn't have told him there. No, but the 9 messages flashing unread on her cell phone screen were a clear sign that she couldn't avoid him for long.

***

"You realize how many hoops I had to jump through to get us here, right?" Benny scoffed while he squeezed her hand as she guided him through the corridors of the stadium.

"I know. And I really appreciate it. I'll reward you later" she told him as she continued walking at a fast pace, looking at him with a bewitching smile over one shoulder.

"Yeah. Yeah. You better" he muttered, pulling her hand slightly towards him and making her let out a little cry when he spun her around, almost making her lose her balance. He got her in time and squeezed her to him, kissing her.

Kissing her deeply, as If he hadn't done it just that morning, as If he hadn't done it in the studio before she entered the recording room, as If he hadn't done it a few hours earlier when he told her that no, there wouldn't be the usual big party with friends and family and yes, that was because he had the tickets.

Benny slid a hand into her hair and tilted her head to the side, not leaving even a millimeter of her mouth unexplored.

She moaned in his mouth, her eyes closed and her hands trying to touch everything of him.

When he ended the kiss, he smiled against her lips "Hmm, and you better make it amazing, birthday girl".

Frida giggled, still light-headed, and caressed his bearded cheek "Trust me, love" and she winked at him "But first... I want my concert! Let's go!" and she pulled him along, enjoying his laughter.

He knew for sure that within a few hours he'd be lying on their bed, after worshiping her body again and again. The thing he loved the most at night, in the safety of their home walls. And she'd have murmured her love against his skin, sweet and warm, stroking his hair and beard. The thing she loved the most.

And so he quickened his pace to get straight to the backstage. The sooner they finished there, the sooner they'd return home.

***

Later, very late at night, Frida was in front of the stove with his t-shirt and her pajama pants on, her hair pulled into a messy ponytail as she stirred the pasta in the pot.

"Hmm, what is this smell?".

Frida turned her head behind her and grinned "I'm making some pasta". She heard him walking to her and felt his presence beside her. She looked up and smiled at his disheveled appearance.