Chapter 1 - Hallows eves

2 pov

        It was the first night of the new October. You and your little brother Samhain (sow-win) were cruising on your broom to spread some spooky seasons in Burgess, even though kids can't see you unlike your mom, dad, and brother who can be seen, your dad can choose to show themselves to humans if he wants but he rarely goes out, only on October to spread his spooky holiday. 

  You looked around Burgess and saw some teens getting some Halloween decor and props, probably to scare other teens and you smiled at that, you really loved Halloween, even if the big five or at least two in the big five didn't like your holiday, also known as the Easter Bunny and Tooth but Santa didn't mind even if Halloween did scare some kids but it's wasn't that bad and their parents were there too. 

 You looked at your little brother and thought how Easter never liked him either or your parents but you really didn't care, you thought of a bunny being too cocky and having a huge ego, "Hey Sam, wanna see if some other kids are getting into the spirit?" you asked your little brother and he nodded.  You went to this boy's house, his name was Jamie, you adored Jamie and his little friends, how they believe, Sam, he didn't care much as long they were in the Hallow's spirit. Your father made a few rules for Halloween. 

Always wear a costume.Always pass out treats to trick-or-treaters.NEVER blow out a Jack O'Lantern before midnight.Always check your candy.Always respect the dead.NEVER take down your decorations before November 1st.NEVER hurt the innocent.

You and Sam follow those traditions and you have a little side job, you protect people from bad spirits just like your father does and soon he will pass his holiday to you, which will be on this Halloween once you help get his holiday all festive. "Look there's Jamie, Sam". You drove your broom to Jamie's house and saw Jack "And the jack frost!" you said, Sam just shrugged him off. 

   "So you guys, what are you dressing up as?" Pippa asked, Jamie and the others cringed "I'm not dressing up." Jamie said, you gave a confused look and you can tell Sam did not like that idea. "Why?" Pippa asked, Jamie then said, "It's too scary, and what if theirs a Halloween spirit who is like Pitch?". When you heard that you did not like that at all Pitch? he compared my father to pitch? how dare he! My father is much better than Pitch, my dad cares for the humans. "Hopefully not, but we do get free candy!" said Caleb. You sighed and looked at Sam and said "Lets go somewhere else, I need a break" he nodded and sat back on the broom and you rode off not knowing Jack saw you. 

You went back to the "Cemetary Woods" where you and your family live in your little haunted mansion with a cottage home next to it where your mom did her spells and gardening. You and Sam entered the mansion "We're home!" you yelled, your mother then came in, "Ah my little fruit bats~, how come you guys are so early?" she asked. "Ah well I just thought to take a little break..." your mother gave you a questioning look "Blood orange, is there something wrong?" 

You then said "It's just I heard some kids talk about dad being similar to Pitch" you mother then rolled her eyes. "Agh those kids, taking about my husband like that and  the fact the guardians don't say anything good for my husband, but Bunny and Tooth never liked us anyways, but who cares those guardians ego's is as big as there foreheads" she then walked away to the kitchen "Come you two, I made some samhain brew and some soul cakes" you and Sam walked into the kitchen and ate and drank.

"Off springs? you are here already?" your father came in and gave his wife a kiss on the cheek, you looked down and Samhain kept eating. "My sweet fang, tell me." he said and you sighed again "Some kids thought of you being like Pitch." "That's it?" "But daddy, you don't understand this hurts me, just because you give a little scare they think your Pitch, those new gen humans don't understand the origins of Halloween, and why aren't you a guardian, you may scare but you also protect children like them and how come manny didn't chose you, it's been so many years, and what about me, I'm the only one in the family were kids can't see me but they see you, mom, and Samhain, that's not fair and I'm the next spirit for Halloween." 

Your father sighed "I don't know, but Manny is a wise man..let's just see what will happened and I'm sure you'll be seen, but right now lets for focus on the season and share what Halloween is truly about."