2.

When I came back from my MRI, Lando wasn't in the room, so I had assumed he was at his check over. But that was over an hour ago and the curiosity in me wonders where he could be, and a small part of me hopes that he is okay.

"Miss Newman, how are you feeling?" Dr Hilton arrives at my door with a slight knock.

"I'm alright" I reply, offering a simple forced smile.

"How's the headache?" He asks whilst adjusting a few things on the monitor that has been driving me insane for the past few hours.

"Comes and goes" I breath out.

Doctor Hilton rounds the bed and takes a seat at the foot of it, holding an intense stare, which I assume can only mean bad news.

"I just reviewed your MRI results, it did confirm a small haemorrhage on your brain. And whilst I know that sounds scary, there are cases where the body can absorb the blood and the damaged tissue can heal itself, but we are going to need to do some further testing to understand the hematoma."

I'm nodding whilst he speaks, although I'm not entirely sure I am understanding what he is saying.

"I've asked for our neurologist to assist me on this case and we are going to give you the best care possible, I trust Doctor Rene's expertise in this." He reassures, which somehow makes me feel better. "I've asked the nurses to admit you into the hospital so we can keep a closer eye on you" his eyes scan the room, "Get you out of this crazy pen hey?" He chuckles.

"I'd like that" I breath in relief.

"Okay" he confirms, tapping the clip board on his leg and pushing himself off the bed.

Realising he's about to leave, I fall into a panic and end up yelling "wait?" A little louder than I anticipated.

"Everything okay?" He asks in concern.

"Umm" I hesitate. "Where is, umm, do you know anything about Lando, the patient I had the accident with?" I ask.

Doctor Hilton's eyes dart to the empty space where his bed used to be and then back to me, "Unfortunately we are unable to disclose any medicinal information to non-family" he informs me, which, of course, "But I can tell you that he's okay" he adds with a smile.

"Okay, thank you" I appreciate.

"The nurses will move you soon." He informs before giving me a friendly nod and heading out the door.

About 2 hours later, the nurse finally makes her way around to my room to inform me that a room is ready in the ward and I will be heading up. My eyes dart to Lando's empty space and I feel deflated. I guess it's because we were both involved in the same accident, I guess I feel almost responsible for his wellbeing in the aftermath.

As I'm wheeled through the hospital, I make eye contact with different patients and wonder what they are going through, what it was that brought them into this situation.

I knew what brought me here, Lando Norris and his inability to watch where he's going.

I'd just finished my morning Pilates class, I was heading across the intersection to which I had right away for and then the impact was so unexpected, took me a few moments to work out what had actually happened.

Lando had driven right through his stop sign, completely collecting my little mini. Luckily, it was early enough in the morning that no one else was really out on the road, or it could have been a lot worse.

"This is your room here, Abigail" the nurse informs me as we make our way into a room just off the left of the hall. 

"Thankyou" I appreciate.