Home away from home | 033

Start from the beginning

Billie and I chuckle and go back to my room. I sit down on the bed while Billie changes into some new clothes.

When she takes her shirt off, she looks back at me with a smirk since she doesn't have her bra on yet.

She drives me fucking crazy.

Since I'm on the edge of the bed, I pull her back towards me by her hips, making her stand right in front of me. "Hello there." She giggles.

"Hi." I smile. "You look so pretty, baby."

"You think so?" She laughs softly. "Mhm." I grin and she bends down to kiss me. She sits on my lap, wrapping her legs around my waist and I drape my arms over her shoulders as we kiss.

"You think we got time?" She whispers breathlessly, pulling away from the kiss. "I don't know, B, we gotta leave soon." I say.

"We leave in 10 minutes, don't even think about it!" Isaiah shouts through the wall. "How the fuck did you hear that?" I ask. "I've already told you, we have paper thin walls." He shouts.

"Ugh, whatever." I roll my eyes and Billie gets off my lap. "He's such a cockblock." She groans. "I know." I sigh.

Billie finishes getting dressed and she goes into the bathroom. "Baby, can you put my hair up in that cute bun that you do?" She asks.

"Sure." I chuckle, getting off the bed. I walk into the bathroom and grab a hair tie before doing her hair. Once I'm done, I kiss her head and smile. "Thank you, angel." She turns around and pecks my lips quickly.

"Of course." I say.

The two of us go out to the living room and sit on the couch. Sunny comes over and sits on the floor, in front of us. "I'm gonna miss you, Sunny baby." Billie frowns. "What about me?" I ask, pretending to be offended.

"Eh, I'll miss Sunny more." She shrugs her shoulders. "Billie!" I say. "I'm kidding." Billie chuckles. "Of course I'm gonna miss you, angel. You already know that."

"I don't want you to go." I sigh. She puts her hand under my chin and tilts my head up. "I know, baby, I don't want to either. I promise I'll come see you as soon as I can."

"I feel so clingy, it makes me feel like those couples I fucking hate." I roll my eyes. "Yeah, but we're the exception. We're cute as fuck." She says.

"True." I shrug, nodding my head. "Baby, you don't even know how many 'Nillie' fan accounts I see all the time." She says.

"The fuck is 'Nillie?'" I laugh. "Our ship name apparently." She chuckles softly. "I've gotten a lot more followers just because I'm dating you and it scares me. My account was strictly for family, friends, students, and the bots that want me to click on the link in their bio to give my phone a virus." I say.

"That's.. oddly specific." She furrows her eyebrows. "What? It's the truth!" I put my hands up in defense. "Alright, whatever you say." She giggles.

Isaiah comes out of his room and says "You guys ready to go?"

"Not at all." Billie sighs. "We're gonna be okay." I say, grabbing her hand and kissing it.

She gives me a small smile and says her final goodbyes to Sunny before the three of us head out to Isaiah's car.

After putting away Billie's suitcase in the trunk, Billie and I get in the backseat while Isaiah drives.

She lays her head on my shoulder and wraps her arms around one of my arms. "Wait, are you wearing the hoodie I gave you from when we, like, first met?"

"Yeah. It smells like you and makes me feel like I'm getting hugged by you." I say.

"Fuck, I'm gonna start crying, Nevaeh." She groans. "Don't, because then I'll start crying." I chuckle.

"I hate when you guys do this shit because then it makes me cry." Isaiah says.

"At least your girlfriend doesn't live over 2,000 miles away." I tell him. "I'm sorry, Vae." He sighs. "But, that would never happen to me because I'm gay."

"Zay, not the time." Billie rolls her eyes. "Right, sorry." He nods his head.

Once we get to the airport, the three of us get out of the car. Isaiah grabs Billie's suitcase from the trunk and gives her a hug. "I'll miss you, Bil."

"I'm gonna miss you too, Zay." Billie says.

She sighs and turn to me with a frown before giving me a long hug. "I love you so much, Nevaeh."

"I love you more, baby."

Tears start to fall down my face, the same happening to Billie, and we both wipe each others tears away.

"Call me when you get home?" I ask. "Of course." She smiles.

Goodbyes are always the hardest.

"Be safe, my love."

"I will." She says, giving me another hug. I pull her in for a kiss as we hug and plant one last kiss on her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you." She echoes.

She grabs her suitcase and walks away, into the airport and out of my sight.

Isaiah hugs me and I cry a little bit into his arms. "I know, Vae, I know."

"I miss her already."

"I know you do, so do I. I know it's not the same, but I understand it a little bit." He tells me.

I nod my head and wipe away my tears again, wishing it was Billie doing it instead of me.

Isaiah and I get back in the car and head back home. The whole time, I try and keep it all out of my mind, but it's kind of impossible.

When we get home, I go to my bed and just cuddle into Billie's hoodie.

Sunny included too, of course.

I kind of wish it was Billie instead of Sunny though.

Billie's the only person who really feels like home to me besides Isaiah, of course.

She's just my person.

The rest of the day, home doesn't feel like home because how am I supposed to feel at home when my home is on a plane, back to California?

a/n 🤍

i'm actually going to cry from this chapter