The question | 018

WRONG NUMBER
- Billie -

Nevaeh and I have been super close since the other day and I love it. I really didn't expect her to give in so easily when I told her what I wanted, but she did. I'm really falling for her.

"Vae, I'm cold." I say to Nevaeh. "Get under the blanket then." She shrugs. "Ugh, that means I want you to hold me." I groan. "You're so needy, you know that?" She rolls her eyes and she wraps her arms around me. "I'm aware." I smile as I bury my head in her chest. "You're so warm." I let out a content sigh.

"You're adorable." She says with a laugh, making my face heat up. I grin and hide my face. "Don't do that, I wanna see that pretty smile." She tells me. I look up at her and she kisses my forehead.

"Wait, don't you have work today?" I ask her. "No, I took a few days off so I could be with you." She smiles. "You did that for me?" My eyes widen. "Yup." She nods. "You're so sweet, Vae." I say.

"Only for you." She shrugs.

She seriously makes me so happy.

"Baby, I'll be right back." I tell her. "Okay." She says. I can actually call her that now without her getting mad at me. I get off the bed and walk to Isaiah's room. I knock on the door and he says "Come in."

I come in and quietly shut the door, hoping Vae doesn't hear. "What's up?" Isaiah asks.

"Isaiah, I need your help. Um, I think I'm gonna ask Nevaeh to be my girlfriend." I say. A smile grows on his face. "Ugh, finally. How are you gonna ask her?" He questions. "That's what I need your help with. I don't know my way around New Jersey and I wanna take her somewhere special or do something special for her." I shrug as I sigh.

"Hm, that's a hard one. Oh, okay, so Nevaeh always said she wanted a girl to take her to the beach at night to watch the stars." He says. "That might be good." He shrugs. "Yeah, I can do that. Do you know any beaches around here?" I awkwardly laugh. "There's one about 20 minutes from here. No one really goes there, but it's really nice, actually." He tells me.

"Alright, cool. I'll take her tonight. Thank you, Zay." I smile at him. "Of course. Let me know if you need help with anything else." He grins. I nod and walk out of his room. I go back to Nevaeh's room and lay back down on the bed. "Where'd you go, Bil?" She asks. "Oh, I went to Isaiah's room." I tell her. "Why?" She laughs. Ugh, I knew she was gonna ask that.

"Um, I wanted to ask him.. if... I could take Sunny back to your room." I lie. "Oh. I'm guessing he said no?" She chuckles. "Yeah, she was sleeping." I lie again.

I don't even know if Sunny was in his room, let's just pray that I'm right. "Oh." She nods. "Anyways, what are you drawing, angel?" I ask her. "Isaiah asked me to draw him." She rolls her eyes. "Lemme see." I order. She shows me and my eyes widen. "Shit, that looks exactly like him." I laugh. "You think so?" She says and I nod. "Thanks, B." She smiles.

She's so amazing and I wish she saw that more.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"Vae, I'm taking you out, so get up." I tell Nevaeh. "What? You are?" She furrows her eyebrows. "Mhm." I nod my head. "Alright." She laughs.

"Can I drive?" I ask her. "Sure, just be careful with my car please. I don't even let Zay drive it." She chuckles. "Okay." I smile. She gives me her keys and we both get our shoes on. "One sec." I tell her.

I go to Isaiah's room and tap his shoulder. "Hey, did you send me the address?" I ask him. "Yeah, I did. Good luck." He whispers with a smile. "Thanks." I say before walking back to Nevaeh and I grab a bag with a blanket in it. "Ready to go?" I ask. "Yup." She says.

We walk out of the apartment and down to Vaeh's car and get in. "Where are we going?" Nevaeh asks. "It's a surprise." I say. I put in the address of the beach in the gps and start driving there.

About 20 minutes later, we get to the beach and I park the car. We get out and I grab the blanket from the backseat. I grab Nevaeh's hand and interlock our fingers. "You took me to the beach?" She asks once we start walking there. "Yeah." I smile. "Bil, thank you for this." She grins. "Anything for you, angel." I say. I lay out the blanket on the sand and we sit down on it.

"Look up at the stars, Vae." I point up to the sky and she looks up. "Oh my God, it's so pretty." She says in awe. "I know, right?" I laugh softly. "Billie, why did you bring me here?" She asks.

I'm so fucking nervous right now.

"Um, okay, so I know we've only known each other a few months, but I really like you, Nevaeh. I've never really felt this way about anyone in a long time and you make me so happy." I start. Nevaeh goes to open her mouth, but I cut her off. "And I just really wanna be with you, Vaeh. So.. what I'm asking is will you be my girlfriend?"

When I'm really nervous, I tend to talk a lot, so she tries to talk again, but I don't let her. "I know we'll be long distance, so I get if you don't want to, b-"

"Billie," She says.

"But we can make it work and I promise I'll come see you as often as I can and I-"

"Billie!" She repeats, stopping me from talking. "Bil, of course I'll be your girlfriend." She smiles. "You will? Are you sure? Because I-"

She cuts me off by kissing me which catches me by surprise, but I kiss her back. "I really like you too, B." She says. "You do?" I ask. "Billie, we literally slept together yesterday, obviously I like you." She says with a laugh and my face turns red. "All the pet names, flirting and whatever, I pretended to not like it because I was scared I was getting in too deep, you know? But I realized that I can't ignore how I feel about you. You make me the happiest I've been in a long time." She tells me.

"So do you, Vae." I say. "Are you sure you're okay with doing long distance though? I ask her. "We'll make it work, baby." She smiles.

I think I just stopped breathing for a second hearing her call me that.

I nod and kiss her once more. "So, Nevaeh Grant is my girlfriend now?" I smirk. "I guess so." She giggles.

I can't believe I finally have the girl I've been wanting for so long.

a/n 🤍

this chapter absolutely sucks i'm sorry 😭

lowkey having writers block