Chapter 44

A good amount had passed since the three girls had entered Ichiro's mother's cafe, and began talking, mostly regarding what had caused the silver-haired girl, called by her friends as Yu-chan, to become dejected. And the more they talked... The more dots Ichiro was able to connect, such as that the girl called Yu-chan, was the same Nanami Yuriko talked about days ago with him and the others.

"..." <I'm sorry, Nanami-san... That part of Takkun avoiding you is partly my fiancée's fault for giving that advice to Takkun>

Ichiro then looked at Sakurako, who was sitting very close to the girls talking and had already finished doing her homework, yet she was completely unaware of their conversation as she was currently having one of her usual spacing-around moments.

"... You need to apologize to Takeru-kun, now"

"I know..."

"Then why don't you call him?"

"... ... ... I forgot to ask for his number..."

" "Ah!" "

"..." <Should I?>

Hearing that comment of Yuriko, Ichiro pondered for a moment on whether he should intervene to help with his cousin's love life. Then he finally concluded.

<Nah, it's more amusing to tease him by asking how he made up with Nanami-san during his summer vacations>

With that decision made, Ichiro remained uninvolved in the conversation between the three girls, but he made sure to remember as many details as possible to mess with Takeru later down the line.

"Then... Why don't you visit him in his apartment since he's your neighbor?"

"... Em-"

"What?"

"I-it's Embarrassing... And he has been returning pretty late this week..."

" "..." "

"..." <Now that I think about it, I think Yasu commented earlier today about Takkun visiting him a few days ago, but there's no way he would visit Yasu and Aunt Kimiko's house every day... ... ... He's probably at that place, huh>

Once again, Ichiro kept his thoughts to himself, and as he did so, the girls continued their talk, but by now since there was nothing much else to talk about Takeru, Ichiro stopped paying attention to them until he was called, of course.

"Great! Hey! Can you bring us the bill?"

Seeing the Orange haired gal calling for him, Ichiro lifted his face and responded

"Sure"

Without any delay, Ichiro prepared a bill, and brought it to the girls, giving it to the orange-haired one.

"Here's your bill, please check to see if everything is correct"

"Thanks, now let's see..."

"..."

Ichiro waited in silence as the orange-haired girl checked the contents of the bill, and then picked up her wallet to take out the exact amount of money listed in the bill.

"Everything is correct, and here's the money"

"Thank you very much, please come again"

The girls got up from their seats and left the cafe. While Ichiro watched them leave as he began to clean the table they had just used, quickly finishing it, and after bringing the cups to be washed, he returned to the counter and saw that the cafe was mostly empty with only the presence of him and Sakurako, preventing it from being completely empty.