Chapter 3

They are forest green. His hair is light brown and upwards at the front. He smiles not showing his teeth. I look at his eyes again.

He draws his eyebrows together, thinking about something. The Ripper won't recognize me.

"I've never seen you before." he confirms.
I sigh internally.

"I'm actually new here." I laugh uncertainly. He inspects my every muscle and eye movement.

The barista pushes the glass of scotch in front of me and presents me a smile.

"And may I know your name?" Stefan asks me.

I lay back a little and adjust my back straight.

"Helen Hankins."
"Stefan Salvatore."

"Hey Stefan! Need more Whiskey down here!" Damon shouts. "If you won't mind." smirking.

Stefan and I roll our eyes, as he stands up.
"I'll be right back."
————
Minutes have passed and there's no sight of Stefan.

I use that chance to look around here. Maybe I could find information about him. I can't just kill him right away, as it appears that a lot of people are around him. Not only now, but he has a brother and friends. I don't want to be killed or hunted after the murder I'm about to commit.

Perhaps I should find a way to get closer to him. His eyes doesn't seem the same the way I remember them. His kind changed. Let alone that he is next to humans. The Ripper would have killed every breathing being here long ago.

As I enter a narrow aisle I spot a rusty door downstairs. It's slightly open and it seems to have broken handle.

I look back to be sure that no one is following me and go down stairs. The closer I am, the more I see a person lying on the ground. But it is so dark here, I can't even see who it is.

Slowly and my right army stretched to the person I knee next to him. The moment I touch his neck, I feel a liquid on my finger.

I back up and close my eyes for a moment, praying that it is not blood. Even though I already smelled it.

Suddenly I hear noises coming upstairs and I rapidly look around to find a hiding spot. To my luck, a closet is empty and go into the closet.

The voice gets clearer. It's Damon.

"How long do you need Stefan? It's been hours!" Damon whines thirsty for more liquid.

I hold my nose and hold my breath, hoping he won't hear me.

"What the hell-?" his voice sounds worried.
He discovered the body. Damon gets closer to the body. "Matt?"

Was it the Ripper?

"Stefan?!" Damon shouts looking around.
He places his wrist in front of Matts mouth, healing him.

Matt opens his eyes slowly coming to consciousness. 

"What happened?" Damon asks standing up.

"I don't know. Stefan asked me to get the whiskey, because he had to leave or something. And when I was here someone bit me and the rest is history."

"Don't you have vervain in your blood?"
"I do. That's messed up. How is it even possible?"

Damon searches with his eyes around and then draws his eyes together. Realizing something he sighs.

"Unfortunately I know one person who is immune."... "Katherine."

I know that name from somewhere. I have never met her, but searching for The Ripper her name was mentioned.

"Oh, right. Katherine. I forgot that. But why would she bite me?" Matt asks holding his neck.

"She must have something going on again. We are talking about Katherine. No one knows what she is up to."

"Let's go upstairs. She must be somewhere in the mansion. Probably after Stefans ass." he shakes his head. 

As they leave I go out of my hiding spot and take my breath again.

What is Stefan and Katherines relationship? Why would she be after Stefan?

Arriving at the main hall no one was left except of Damon, Jeremy, Stefan and Matt. Elena and the blonde girl from last time are sitting on the couch talking.

"Helen, where were you?" Jeremy asks worried.

"I was just checking on my make up. Where is everyone?"

"Party is over. We have an uninvited guest." Damon explains drinking from the glass.

"Is that my scotch?" I ask unbelievably.

He only smirks and takes another sip. I shake my head and take a seat next to him, pouring scotch in another glass.

"So, what happened. I must have missed something." I ask curious.

"Katherine bit Matt and just left. Avoiding more drama we send off everyone."

I act surprised. "Who is Katherine?"

"A Psychotic-Doppelgänger-Evil-Vampire-Slut and unfortunately our ex." Damon rolls his eyes.

"Our?"

"Stefan and mine. It's a long story."

I nod.

"She is somewhere in the mansion, but I don't know where she is hiding."

"I am not hiding, Bon Bon."
A woman exactly looking like Elena is entering.

She is wandering her eyes around and stops when she meets mine.
"Do we have a new friend here?"

"She is not your friend Katherine." Jeremy assures.

"Why did you bite me?" asks Matt mad.

"It's none of your business. Get over it." Katherine rolls her eyes and takes my glass, sipping from it. She smirks and then winks at me.
"Let's talk about our new friend here."

Does she know me?

"How much do you guys even know about her?"

"Seems like Katherine knows." Stefan says coming closer.

I try to hold my heartbeat evenly.

"Tell me something about me, Katherine." I say confidently also taking a sip.

"I like you." she laughs.

"I don't have time for this. Just tell us what is going on." Damon stands up and gets Katherines glass from her hand.

"Easy Damon." she stands up. "Helen, should tell herself. I don't wanna take over the drama."

Shit.