Chapter 4: Liftoff

The team stood on the precipice of history, ready to embark on an extraordinary journey into the fabric of time. Chen led the group as they boarded the sleek rocket, its hull adorned with the symbols of their collaborative efforts.

Inside the craft, a hushed anticipation settled over the team as they settled into their designated stations. The rhythmic hum of machinery underscored the gravity of the moment, mirroring the pulse of excitement that coursed through each researcher.

At the controls, Dr. Chen's fingers danced across the control interface, initiating the complex sequence that would activate the custom-designed thruster. Utilising the power of dark energy, and born from the collective brilliance of the team, it held the key to surpassing the speed of light—a feat once deemed impossible.

As the thruster engaged, a surge of black plasma shot out of the rocket, throwing the team into their seats. The journey toward the outer Oort Cloud began to unfold, a cosmic ballet choreographed by the precision of Chen and the power he had at his fingertips. Weeks passed in a blur of calculations and observations, the vastness of space a canvas for the team's scientific odyssey. Chen, ever vigilant, monitored the readings with a discerning eye, ensuring the delicate balance between velocity and stability.

As the rocket approached its destination, the team marveled at the dance of icy bodies within the Oort Cloud as they shot past the rocket. The outer reaches of the solar system seemed to stretch endlessly before them, a tableau of cosmic wonder.

"Take the next week to prepare," Dr. Chen declared, his voice echoing through the spacecraft. "Our destination lies not just in the outer Oort Cloud but in the corridors of time itself."

The crew, bound by a shared vision, embraced the significance of their mission. They gazed out at the celestial panorama, contemplating the mysteries that awaited them. The rocket, propelled by the ingenuity of dark energy, was hurtling toward the temporal frontier.