023. turning me on like crazy

Start from the beginning

"mh.." he softly hummed, spinning the chair around to look at her properly. "should we talk about the elephant in the room..?"

"i don't see no elephant."

"c'mon lil, you know what i'm talking about."

"nope," she shook her head, placing her hands on the back of the seat and turning him around again. "so do you know what you want to do?"

he chuckled, "um.. lets grow it out again. so cut the sides.. and maybe the blonde off the rest so it doesn't look odd since there's more brown then blonde at the moment."

"we can do that.. so sides shaved, how you use to?" she asked to double check as he agreed. "and then trim a bit off the top..?"

"yes sir," he nodded once again, watching as she continued to play with his hair for a little longer. ".. do you remember when we first met?"

"libbyyyy!" daniel ran over to the girl who was too running towards him, instantly wrapping his arms around her and slightly spinning them. "happy birthday! this has been the hardest secret to keep from you."

"this is the best birthday"

three months after everything with her friends, she was still finding where she now fitted in at school, and all she wanted for her birthday was to see her best friend. despite him being on tour and already going to be in their home city only four days later.

so after much convincing and talk between her devoiced parents and step-father, they surprised her with a trip to go with her mother to texas and follow the band from the show the night of her birthday, to the other two shows in the same state, then back to seattle and finally home to portland.

"hey kate," he smiled at her mother, who too had the biggest smile on her face from seeing her daughter so happy.

"hi daniel"

"i get to finally watch you preform live! i'm so excited!" liberty exclaimed as she slightly jumped up and down. "and again the next four nights!"

"i think there's a break between two of them," he chuckled as he unwrapped his arms and grabbed ahold of her hand.

"same thing," she shrugged.

"come meet the boys.."

leading them through the small backstage area of the dallas venue, the three got to the room where the rest of the boys were sat around mucking about after their soundcheck. all bringing their attention to them as they joined them.

"boys this is lilli. lib.. zach, jonah, corbyn, and jack," daniel introduced her to his bandmates. "and her mother, my second mom, kate."

"hey," liberty softly smile as she looked across the four, her eyes staying on the last boy a little longer than the rest.

"heard it's your birthday!" jonah spoke up, gaining her attention back after they had all shared a quick greeting with the two, "the big one-seven."

"it is," she nodded with an uncontrollable grin across her face.

"three, two, one," the five boys then broke out in the happy birthday song, the eldest grabbing the cake they brought out of the mini fridge which surprised her even more.

"yous didn't have to," she crouch down into a ball as she covered her mouth and let out a small inaudible scream.

"well we could've put more effort in and actually got a birthday cake instead of this pink valentine's day," jack laughed. "apparently daniel doesn't know the difference."