Chapter 2

The next morning, the memory of the strange encounter with the mirror lingered, leaving me both curious and apprehensive. Determined to make sense of what had happened, I found myself drawn to the local library after school. There amidst the hushed whispers of turning pages, I searched for any mention of mysterious abilities or ancient knowledge that could shed light on my experience.

I was lost in a sea of books, when a gentle voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Searching for something otherworldly?" The gentle voice asked.

I turned around to find a woman, about in her 20's, with a warm smile that seemed to carry an understanding beyond words.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

"Let me introduce myself, the name's Victoria, your guide!" She responded with a soft smile.

I stayed quiet, and I looked at Victoria's eyes that held a depth that mirrored my recent revelation, and I felt an instant connection, as if she could sense the turbulence within me.

"I'm an empath! Just like you, and I sensed your presence in the library!" She explained, putting all of the books on the shelves.

My hands started to tremble again, and my eyes turned black.

"How do I control this?" I asked Victoria, crying.

"It's okay, Crystal. Controlling your empathic abilities is a journey, and you're not alone in it." Victoria, who had a warm and understanding gaze, approached me, her voice gentle yet firm.

"I never asked for this!" I told her, calming down thanks to her gentle voice.

"I know, but you're doing a really great job! Just take deep breaths." Victoria told me.

I did what she told me, and my eyes went back to normal.