"Basilicom? So... what kinda place is that? Is one nearby? Do they bake cookies?"

"Nep-Nep, enough banter. We should get going before the weak monsters get tired of waiting for us!"

______

Fun fact about dungeons in this world. There are three ways of completing them, obtaining items, defeating monsters, or finding an exit. In the first, one would asked to acquire some number of drops from a specific type of monster in the dungeon. In the second, you are generally asked to defeat a boss (though some will ask to kill normal monsters, effectively an easier version of item collection because you don't have to worry about drop rates). Finding the exit is quite easy, just look around.

Quite simple methods for a severely dangerous world. Contrary to what one would expect, fighting monsters is the safest option. Finding an exit is a bit hard, loot drops are randomized, yeah it's a kerfuffle.

On another note one can often find treasure. Treasure chests are pretty obvious when adventuring in the dungeon. 

Exhibit A being the trio finding one after walking in the third floor of the dungeon.

Neptune hopped off DJ with a cry of "Dibs!" and began to rummage through it, while DJ started asking questions about dungeons and the items he saw Compa using.

"So... you never really explained the rules of a dungeon."

"I didn't? I thought everyone would know how dungeons worked... Well it's really simple once you get the hang of it. But there are three main things to watch out for."

DJ nodded as listened, ignoring the fact that Neptune had just found a wooden Katana and a hammer in the chest.

"First up, let's get healing items out of the way. Inside of dungeons, due to some unknown force we don't understand, you can only heal while stationary."

"That doesn't seem so bad."

"No stationary as in your locked in place until you finish drinking or injecting the item, leaving you vulnerable to enemies who may or may not want a piece."

"Ah."

Compa nodded as DJ grimaced at that little tidbit.

"And two, the enemies have the ability to summon more foes when on the brink of being defeated."

...

That just sounds like poor sportsmanship.

"And last but not least, enemies tend to have  guard bars. Which is like a layer of armor in a sense. Basically, while their armor lasts they take reduced damage, and when it breaks they receive more damage. Make sense DJ?"

"Kinda. yeah, I get the gist."

After getting his affirmation, Compa walked over to Neptune who was busy twirling her Katana in a surprisingly competent fashion.

However, fancy movements are one thing, but can she actually fight?

Well looks like we'll soon find out, cause this floor is the first to reveal several monsters.

With sounds of squelching and squeaking, a large monster group appeared.

The monster group consisted of blue amorphous blobs, taking the form a slime ball. Each ball had dog ears, a tail, and a muzzle. They are aptly named Dogoo. Or Dog goo.

 Or Dog goo