Chapter 9: Destruction of Property

I cracked my door open when I heard the laughter of two male voices.

     Is he here already? It’s only 4:30.

     Checking my phone I see that I am mistaken. It’s 4:56. Crap. Time really got away from me. I hate being late and having people wait for me. I’ve always felt like that was the rudest thing ever. I begin quickly moving around my room trying to get ready faster. When my arm is half through my shirt I hear him knock on the door.

     “Yea?” I answer while pulling my shirt down all the way. I’m not going to keep letting him see me undressed. That’s only for a lucky guy.

     “I’m coming in,” Jason announces.

     “Is that a statement or a question?” As I run to grab my brush out of the bathroom I stub my toe on the bed. I’m land on my bed pulling my foot to my chest.

     “It’s a statement,” he says as he opens the door opening slightly, until he’s standing there leaning on the door post looking at me with arrogance and amusement in his eyes.

     For the moment I forget about my toe that’s in pain. Gosh, he’s beautiful. I take a minute to admire him, until he clears his throat and reminds me that my toe is hurting like no one’s business.

     “Liking the view?” He strolls over toward me and takes a seat on my bed.

     “Ah! I stubbed my toe,” I exclaim.

     He looks at me trying to hold back laughter. “Well, when you’re finished would you hurry up? I’d like to get on with this thing that you have planned.”

     “Thanks for taking the time to make sure I’m alright you inconsiderate butt wad.”

     While he’s laughing the pain in my toe subsides just enough to where I can sit up and hit him in the shoulder.

     “Ow.” He says in a dry voice; he was obviously unaffected by the punch. “That hurt so much. Anyway, don’t be upset with me, but caring just isn’t my thing.”

     What does that mean?

     “Uh huh. I get that vibe from you,” I say standing to finish getting ready.

     “So, where are we going today anyway?” He asks nonchalantly.

     “Out.” I reply with a laugh. I grab my bag and start heading out the door.

     We’d been in the car for a while and I literally thought Jason was going to die from the aggravation of not knowing where we were going.

     “Will you calm down,” I ask.

     “I like to know where I’m going,” he snaps.

     “Well, I’m not taking you to some human trafficking ring to sell you off, so you can calm down and relax,” I say with a smile. I love that he’s aggravated. His whole “I couldn’t care less” attitude obviously has some cracks in it. “Although now that I bring it up, I could use the money. A little hot piece of ass like you would go for no less than $20,000.”

     He scoffs. “$20,000? Hurt my pride why don’t you.”

     “$20,000 is a lot of money. I’m talking about low-end trafficking rings. You would never make into a high end auction,” I say with a smile.

     He looks at me with wide eyes. “I could too make it into a high end auction,” he states defensively crossing his arms over his chest.  “Admit it.”