Dead Beat Dad.

"Babe" I yawned while putting Matt's dirty clothes into a bag and his clean ones into a separate, "Yeah?" he hummed sweetly, wrapping his arms around me from behind and placing his head on my shoulder, "is Matt's room ready?" I asked in a quiet tone, "yeah, all I need to do is put his shoes away" he returned while slowly turning me to face him. "Have you thought any more about going back home to see your family?" He asked with a hesitant smile, "not really, It was only me and my mum" I smiled sadly, "I'm sorry babe, I just thought you might want to go see your dad" he said softly, "I've not seen him since I was little, he up and left Cam. I'm not going to let him come back and get attached to the kids and then leave again. I can't do it" I snapped turning away from Cameron and putting Matt's bags on top of my overnight one on the sofa.

"Avery, please" Cameron begged when I came out of Matt's room after putting him down for a nap, "I don't want to fight about this okay. I just had a baby. Our baby. I'm tired" I snapped a little harshly coming into the kitchen from Matt's bedroom which is also on the lower floor. "Ave, please don't be mad at me" he followed me into the kitchen, "Listen to me Cameron. I'm not going to tell you again. We have this argument every time I have another baby. I do not want the kids getting attached to a dead beat okay? I've had enough people come in and out of my life, each time my trust issues getting bigger and deeper so. For the last time. I do not want any contact with my father, no stop pushing me" I snapped before grabbing a orange juice and going into our bedroom next to Matt's on the lower floor.

"Babe, I'm going to pick up the kids" Cameron said shaking me awake, "okay" I yawned, "after tea we're going to see Mum and Dad" I smiled as I stretched my sleep away, "okay" he smiled giving me a kiss on the lips before pulling away, "I love you" he smiled while walking out the door and shutting it. I slipped on my slippers and walked into the living room just as Cameron was about to walk out, he gave me a wink and shut the front door leaving me and Matt alone for half an hour while he picks up the other children. "Hey little man" I smiled at him while he looked up at me, "what do you think, do you want to meet grandad?" I smiled sadly at him as he looked up at me with his big blue eyes, "I just don't want to hurt you" I smiled just as Matt farted, "Love you too little man" I laughed while preparing to change his nappy and get him changed.