That makes her pause, meeting my unwavering gaze and I swear I saw the beginnings of a blush on her cheeks, "Oh." She says before abruptly turning around.

After the nursery, we headed for the main farm where thick bushes of different flowers lined the plot of land. We rode together and as much as I kept my mind clean and pure, I couldn't help but notice the way our bodies were pressed together in the small space of the saddle; every step that Fate took made our hips move one way then the other but it just fit.

We fit perfectly against each other. Still, I knew nothing could come of it so I focused on the task at hand.

Normally, clients would take a look at the well kept farm and the beautiful blooms; and be done with the tour to get on with their day and back to the city where there was cellular signal and a Starbucks in every block.

Jade wasn't like them though. She would inspect the flowers and be in awe of how fragrant each section was and how the smells all blended perfectly with one another. She asked about flowers and what they meant, of course I catered to her every question. Picking one of each flower she asked about until I had a small bouquet in my hands.

She asked about the popular ones first; except roses where she knew the red ones were a symbolism for love.

Sunflowers for adoration.

Stargazers for ambition.

Daisies for innocence.

Begonias for deep thought.

On and on we went until we got to the back of the farm where smaller bunches of flowers lined the fence. It was an area of the farm that my father and I kept away from clients simply because it was a special to us as a family. S special place that I had just brought Jade into for with no urging or any hesitation.

"Why are these separated from the others?" Jade had asked as we passed the fence.
I pulled Fate to a stop and sighed softly before hopping off the saddle and offering a hand to Jade, the woman only pausing for a second before taking my hand.

After leaving the small bouquet on the saddle pocket, we make our way closer to the bushes and the multicolored segments, a sense of nostalgia and realization hitting me in waves. I lead her towards the leftmost part of the fence and start there.

"These white ones are called Gardenias. They're meant to symbolize joy and happiness." I say before carefully picking one of the blooms and snipping it cleanly from it's stem, handing it to her. "They were my mother's favorite." Jade doesn't answer and I could tell she knew I wasn't done so I lead her to the next area where bunches of white, purple and pink flowers looked like balls of cotton atop the green leaves.

"Hydrangeas." She says.

I nod and smile at the fact that she recognized them, "they symbolize perseverance. My father's favorite." I explain before snipping a small bunch with all three colors. "My Ma used to tell me that there were days where they wouldn't have enough to eat but everyday my dad would venture out here and feed the Hydrangeas. Perseverance at it's best." I add before handing her the flowers.

We make our way silently towards the last segment of the fence where a bush abundant with bright blue flowers stood. "These are forget-me-nots. I planted them here when I was a teenager after my Ma passed away. They mean--" "To remember someone forever." Jade blurts out, taking one hand away from the small bunch in her hands to touch my shoulder. "I can tell by the name." she adds with a soft, humorless chuckle.

A small smile graces my lips as I nod, "Right."

With that done, I motioned for her to get back on the horse but she stops and I could see something behind me had caught her eye.