Prologue | 0 - 0

The sky was partly cloudy, sun rays shining down through the openings that were there. A lovely day to walk around, especially after a successful mission. (Name) was walking down the sidewalk, enjoying the calm atmosphere. Not many people were present at this time due to their work and where (Name) was currently. This part of the city wasn't as populated or busy as the main areas, so it wasn't crowded or musty with everyone.

 When (Name) passed an alleyway, his eyes caught a little glimmer in the shade. He turned to it, on guard, but nobody was there. Only something with a cloth covering it. He glanced around a bit before walking cautiously towards the object.

 He removed the cloth, revealing an elegant mirror. It had intricate designs around the frame, though it was a little dirty with some ink running down. (Name) didn't know what could've caused this, but the mirror was beautiful enough to have in the Port Mafia building. He tapped a finger on the reflective surface, only for the tip to fall through.

 He paused. This isn't a normal mirror, did that really happen? (Name) poked his finger into the mirror again, and it did go through. He hovered his hand over and let it sink into the surface. (Name) stood still for a moment. Is it really a good idea to go through this mirror? Where would he go? He should probably inform at least someone about this.

 He stepped away, but couldn't go far due to his hand remaining in the mirror. He tried pulling it out again, but it was futile. (Name) tried using his gravity ability to lift the object, but it didn't move at all. Shrugging, (Name) decided to step through. If there was danger, he could handle himself. What could go wrong?

...

 Everything is wrong. (Name) found himself in a black abyss with the same mirror in front of him. It was clean, though. A voice spoke up.

 "Ah, my dear esteemed benefactor... My proud, beautiful flower of evil. You are truly the fairest one of all. O Magic Mirror, thy wisdom I entreat... Reveal unto me the visage I seek..."

 What's going on? Where's the voice coming from?

 "You, whose image the Dark Mirror did beckon forth... If your heart bids it, take the hand of the one reflected in the mirror."

 (Name) hovered over to the mirror and took the hand. Flames suddenly erupted behind the hand.

 "As flame reduces even the stars to ash..."

 The flames faded away, an ice shard taking its place.

 "As ice seals away even time itself..."

 Same with the fire, the ice disappeared and a small tornado of leaves came up.

 "As great trees swallow even the sky..."

 The leaves faded as well, leaving only the hand and darkness in the mirror.

 "Fear not the power of darkness. Now - demonstrate your power."

 (Name) felt a pull, and was losing consciousness.

"To me. To them. To yourself. The hour grows long, and time is scarce. Keep steady your grip, no matter what may come..."

 (Name) didn't the voice after that, but felt as though he had heard something from it, since a phrase came up in his mind.

 Welcome to the Villains' world.

--

End Note: The way it's formatted may be inconsistent since I'm copying and pasting from somewhere else. 

Edit (2/26): Fixed a word and rephrased a sentence.

Word Count: ~540