"And you think you have the right to refuse?"

Even though the alpha was seated, the weight of his gaze bore down on Nan Zhi with the oppressive air of one in authority. Nan Zhi felt slightly panicked under his scrutiny.

Nan Zhi: "Yunjian... he can't be without me."

Lin Qiuwu: "Can't be without? Ha, do you think playing this card will ensure your place in the Lin household? Such wishful thinking."

Nan Zhi's tone became frantic: "That's not what I meant. Yunjian truly can't be without me."

Lin Qiuwu: "No one is indispensable! He's still young; I will arrange for someone competent to care for him."

Nan Zhi's pleading eyes locked onto the man on the sofa, "Lin Qiuwu, I'm begging you... He's just a child. Let me take care of him for now."

Nan Zhi knew that once Lin Qiuwu made up his mind, even against his wishes, Yunjian would still be taken back to the Lin family.

Being a man without wealth or power, he stood no chance against Lin Qiuwu in claiming custody over Yunjian.

Moreover, the alpha before him wouldn't spare him even a shred of pity.

Lin Qiuwu, visibly irritated, stared intently at Nan Zhi, his voice laced with a cold edge: "Had he not been so pitiable with his tears, do you think you would have been allowed to keep him this long? Don't test my patience."

Nan Zhi: "He's still very young, you..."

Lin Qiuwu cut him off coldly: "He's turning two soon; a few tears won't hurt him."

The alpha's resolve was unwavering, and Nan Zhi's entreaties seemed futile.

Lin Qiuwu had no intention of taking him back, truly wanting to keep Yunjian away from himself.

"You won't dare! You were the one who abandoned him initially. I secretly kept him! Lin Qiuwu! You have no right to take Yunjian away from me!"

It was rare for Nan Zhi to shout Lin Qiuwu's full name, especially with such raw emotion.

Lin Qiuwu, evidently taken aback, furrowed his brow, his cold gaze piercing through his glasses onto Nan Zhi.

Tears welled up in the omega's eyes, spilling over and dropping like heavy beads.

"You were the one who abandoned him..."

After his outburst, Nan Zhi murmured the phrase once more.

Every word felt like a piercing pain to Nan Zhi, suffocating him.

Lin Qiuwu was most annoyed by Nan Zhi's tearful demeanor, those crocodile tears that seemed to fall on command, "I'll give you a substantial amount, enough to ensure your comfort. Lin Yunjian is nothing but a pawn in your game. Stop pretending in front of me..."

Choking back emotion, Nan Zhi interrupted, "Lin Qiuwu, you are heartless."

A weight seemed to press on his chest, making every breath an effort.

In this moment, the long-suppressed feelings of grievance from both his past and present life erupted, tears pouring out more fiercely than ever before.

He rambled on, listing the grievances he had held deep within:

"You never saw the hand I cut while preparing food for you, never saw the Nan Zhi who, despite being exhausted, still prepared midnight snacks for you during your sensitive periods. You never noticed the careful affection, the Nan Zhi who was framed by your lover, or the Nan Zhi who suffered by your side but never wished to leave. You only see me as deceitful, ready to do anything for my objectives."

"But Lin Qiu Wu, do you think I wanted to be manipulative? Did I ever want to become a spiteful Omega?"

"Why are you so affectionate? Didn't you love Yun Luo? Then just love him! Why do you call me during every sensitive period, giving me the illusion that you need me too?"

"Is it because I brought this upon myself, that I enjoy this suffering?"

"You claim I'm vain... but have I ever asked you for a dime?"

Lin Qiu Wu remained expressionless, finding this outburst from Nan Zhi irritating.

He snapped, "Silence!"

Nan Zhi felt drained, all his accumulated grievances seemingly absorbed by cotton. He knew that no matter how much he said, in the alpha's eyes, it would all be perceived as manipulative.

To someone who doesn't love you, whatever you say is wrong.

It was he who took the wrong path, loved the wrong person.

He slowly closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, but his gaze still trembled uncontrollably.

"Lin Qiu Wu, I was the foolish one to fall for you first. I concede."

He gave up, accepted his fate. The weight of the word 'love' was too much for him. After encountering Lin Yun Jian, he realized that letting go of his obsession with Lin Qiu Wu was not as terrifying as losing Lin Yun Jian.

"Give me Jian Jian. I won't plot against you anymore, never again."