Chapter 55: A Simple Confession

Nan Yi had never imagined that, even after telling Nan Zhi about He Yu Shen marking him, Nan Zhi would still be fixated on He Yu Shen.

Regardless of Nan Zhi's feelings towards him, they were still bound by blood.

Yet, Nan Zhi seemed utterly indifferent.

"Don't... even... think about it!"

"You can speak now?" The playful smile on Nan Zhi's face turned cold in an instant.

"If you can speak, mind your words. Right, big brother? After all, the more you say, the more mistakes you might make."

In those purely innocent eyes, danger lurked.

Nan seemed as if he had never known the person in front of him, as if encountering a stranger.

The very person who used to chase after me as a child, calling me "big brother", became so distant after just a common cold.

He always thought that Nan Zhi was merely rebellious, but he didn't expect her to be malicious, even disregarding blood ties.

"You... are... afraid... I'll reveal... the truth about the drowning."

It took a lot of effort for Nan Yi to speak, struggling to finish even a single sentence, which was becoming irksome.

With a stern face, Nan Zhi coldly chuckled, "Afraid? What do I have to fear?"

"You, a low-quality omega, how many will believe you?"

Footsteps echoed from behind Nan Yi. Nan Zhi's expression shifted instantly, and with a smile, he whispered threatening words into Nan Yi's ear.

"A stand-in is just that, not yours to keep. You'll return it to me sooner or later."

"Since big brother is busy, I'll take my leave."

Nan Zhi left with a smirk. A black car took him away, and just before boarding, Nan Yi heard a sound resembling a baby's cry.

"Madam?"

The butler approached Nan Yi, calling out with a hint of confusion.

"The maid has prepared some pastries for the madam."

After eating rice porridge and egg custard for so long, the sight of delicate pastries failed to rouse Nan Yi's appetite.

The pleasant mood of the morning dipped to its lowest due to Nan Zhi's visit, leaving him feeling anxious.

He Yu Shen and Yun Luo returned early today. The moment they stepped into the living room, the person lost in thought on the sofa stood up.

He Yu Shen paused in his tracks at Nan Yi's movement.

The emotion in Omega's eyes was unshielded. Even from a distance, He Yu Shen could sense his desolation.

Nan Yi walked straight towards him. Assuming that Omega felt wronged and sought comfort in his embrace, he benevolently spread his arms.

A faint smile graced He Yu Shen's lips, and in a deep, magnetic voice, he said, "I brought you cherries."

Indeed, he held an exquisite box of fruit in his hand.

Standing beside him, Yun Luo's gaze lingered on He Yu Shen's hand for a moment before he consciously moved to sit on the sofa first.

His fringe fell, partly obscuring his eyes and masking his emotions.