nineteen.

˚⋆❀ SCIENTIST
chapter 19 — the childhood arcade

˚⋆❀ SCIENTISTchapter 19 — the childhood arcade

"XOLO IM REALLY SCARED." KAMRI said as xolo drove the two of them to a secret place.

"don't be, you're gonna have a lot of fun." xolo said.

"you said don't dress up fancy, and don't bring any money. are you planning on killing me?"

"kam, come on. just be patient for like 10 more minutes. we're almost there."

kamri sighed, sinking into her seat as she anxiously waited to arrive at the place xolo was driving to.

grant never took her out on dates and here was xolo, who wasn't even her boyfriend and taking her on a date.

she was obsessed with xolo, but not in a weird way. but in the way that she immediately needed him to just ask her out before she went crazy.

"okay, we're here." xolo said, parking his car. kamri poked her head out the window, looking around.

"hey..i know this area." kamri said. "yes kam i know." xolo got out the car.

he came around, opening the door for kamri. "oo xolo's a gentleman." she said as she stepped out.

"i would hope so, my mom would murder me if i wasn't."

he held his arm around, and kamri linked their arms and they started walking.

"okay, i know i've been here. but i can't remember where the place was or when it was."

"you'll remember soon enough."

they started to get to a rustier, broken down looking side of the town, passing by pharmacy's and deli's.

a turn was made, and xolo saw kamri's eyes immediately light up.

"i used to live around here, this is the old arcade!" kamri said.

"yeah." xolo said, staring at her. she was in a happiness he hadn't seen since she pulled her bias in a kpop album two months ago, and he was glad he could bring that emotion back.

"so..are we here to just look at it. it closed down years ago." she said.

xolo looked to the side and then back at her, "not exactly."

what kamri didn't know was the owner was actually one of his childhood's friend's grandfather, and knew xolo pretty well.

he had gotten sick with leukemia a year before it closed down, and after he was cured xolo and his friend helped him bring the arcade back, only people who had lived here prior knowing about it, or kids of them.

they walked towards the door, xolo opening it for kamri.

she walked around, looking around the arcade and seeing things she remembered.