𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈

Start from the beginning

Seeing Max's displeasure, Lucas had one idea. He turned around, bent his legs so that he could place one arm behind the girl's knees and the other behind her back, lifting her close to his chest.

After letting out a small cry of surprise at such an unexpected gesture, she wrapped her arms around Lucas' neck and held on tight. She gave him a cute smile to thank him.

"Do I still look like a little girl, uh?" Sinclair whispered close to her ear.

"Don't start or you'll lose your chivalrous charm." Max snorted and rolled her eyes, trying to hide a smile that insisted on appearing at the corner of her mouth.

While Lucas carried her, she took the opportunity to look at the black sky, free of clouds and full of stars.

"Are we there yet?" She asked, staring at Lucas' close face. He laughed at her impatience.

"No, or do you see a water source?"

Suddenly the cool breeze increased. She gasped in amazement as she saw the bright blue lagoon in the distance. "Yes, I do! Look!"

As they got closer, they saw the waterfall and the large rocks around it. There were several kinds of undergrowth and bushes around the small lake, where fireflies hovered like bright spots on the horizon. There was also a subtle mist over the water, and the sound of crickets hidden among the bushes brought the breathtaking landscape to life.

He set Max carefully on the ground.

"So, shall we go in?" He asked, already unbuttoning his no-longer-immaculate white shirt.

Her eyes widened. "Are you crazy? The water must be freezing!"

"What's the problem? Do you think we came here just to look? Come on, don't be afraid." His lips curved into an amused smile.

He took off his shirt, revealing his perfectly sculpted torso. She couldn't help it and let out a sigh. She tried to look away and, trying hard to drive away all shame and embarrassment, she took off her glittering silver dress and let it slide down to her feet.

She set it down on a dry rock where Lucas had left his clothes. She wrapped her arms around her body, which was clad only in underwear.

When she turned toward the lagoon, the boy was already inside, waist-deep in water, waiting for her. She noticed the admiring look he gave her, scrutinizing every inch of her exposed skin, but tried to ignore it. If the gaze burned, she would be reduced to ashes.

She walked cautiously to the edge where the water was still shallow and she could see the worn pebbles where she would place her foot. Small fishes swam curiously around her feet, tickling her.

Sinclair held her hands, helping and encouraging her to descend into the water and move forward. The icy water awakened her senses. She held her breath instinctively at the low temperature. At the moment, both of them were finally in the water up to their waists. 

After they finally stabilized their rapid breathing due to temperature shock, Lucas' calm and encouraging face was replaced by a mischievous smile at the corner of his mouth.

"Do you want help?" With a cupped hand, Lucas dumped some of the water on her chest and caught her without her noticing. "Deja vu, ugh?"

With obvious displeasure, Max glared at him, feeling each drop of water run down, causing her goosebumps like sharp needles. Then she did the same to him, but threw twice as much water, which fell on Lucas like a giant wave. The indignation and shock was so great that he picked her up and threw her into the middle of the lake.

The hysterical screams echoed through the forest, but only the two of them could hear them. Nature would keep the rest a secret.

Under the waterfall, gravity made the water fall with the force of an aggressive tantric massage on their shoulders and backs. They ran their hands through their hair, letting the liquid of life penetrate their scalps at high speed. That feeling of freshness fueled the happiness they had felt just a few hours ago. A deep cleansing that made them reborn.