6. BALLAD OF SNAKES

Coriolanus hadn't seen Y/N until next morning. Lucretius Flickerman was announcing the death of Bobbin when she leaned over him.
- I know you did it - she whispered
Chills ran down his spine. 
- Wake up Coriolanus - she continued - It's the last moment
Then she turned around and walked to the tribunes to sit next to her friends. She never called him Coriolanus before. He knew that he had to do something really bad but he didn't have much time to think about it since he heard that there was something going on with Lucy. It was Jessup chasing after her.

Y/N watched Coriolanus talking to Jessup mentor Lysistrata nervously. It was quite obvious that Jessup would end up having rabies. Looking at his wound and behavior from the day before. Her old Coriolanus would definitely had noticed that. "Maybe its even better" - she thought watching Lucy Gray running away from her hideaway. Coriolanus managed to persuade Lysistrata to send water bottles to Jessup. Scared by water he fell from the stands and died. Coriolanus send Lucy some bread and cheese. She collected them and run into the tunnel again. Y/N clench her fists.
- Why can't you just die Lucy Gray - she muttered to herself

Next day Y/N woke up early, watch the games in the hall until the very night and come back home only to sleep. Same think on the fourth day. Waching carefully, waiting for Lucys fall. After all she was just a poor and weak, undernutrished girl. She had not chance with well build tributes like Reaper. Things finally changed on the day fifth. The transmision was interrupted by a video of Dr Gaul announcing that presidents son died in the Arena attack and in any minute she will send poisonus snakes into arena, not caring about a winner. Y/N saw Coriolanus running out. She smiled at that sight. He may beg Dr Gaul for Lucys safety, but there wasn't acually any hope left. She finally won. Y/N won over Lucy Gray Baird.

Well that was at least what she thought for a half an hour or so. Later that day Y/N was sitting in the tribunes watching Lucy Gray singing as snakes not trying to kill her.
- It must be her singing! - shouted Coriolanus - That's what calmes them!
Y/N looked at him with eyes begining to fall from her eyes. She knew that it wasn't singing. Whatever Coriolanus did it was him who saved Lucy. She run out of the hall angry, entering the toilet. She closed the door and started crying. She never cried before. She believed that being stoic and not letting emotions take control was the best thing you could do for success. But now she was weak. Not only she got carried away but also she had to accept that she lose. She lose with some stupid, district girl.