"I will. What happened? Tell me." She promised.

Sean went quiet. Unable to meet her eyes and say the thing he was about to say, he lowered his gaze. The heat of his guilt was oppressive to the point where his head had started to hurt. In a barely audible voice, he confessed.

"I might- I might have... I might have..."

"You might have what?" an impatient Nate interrupted.

Sean looked up at Ariana and saw her curious face. She was blinking softly with her clueless eyes. His heart broke at how soft and innocent she looked. He was afraid to admit that he was yet another man in her life who had let her down.

But it had to done. He knew he had to say it. Similar to ripping off a band-aid, he closed his eyes and blurted out. "I might have cheated on you!"

Instantly, Ariana flinched and was about to pull her hands back from his when he tightened his hold. "Ari, listen to me! I'm sure not okay? I couldn't even think of cheating on you! But... but I think I might have. I'm not sure. I don't know anything. I don't what happened. How it happened... If it even happened. I don't think I've done anything. Please trust me!"

He pleaded hysterically with the pitch of his voice gone higher. His heart was beating like crazy while his body swelled up in stress. Before Ariana assumed the worst, he wanted to explain as much as he could from his perspective.

"Let me guess! Samantha Anderson, right?!" Nate bellowed. "Your childhood best friend?" He made quotes in the air with each hand. He wanted to believe that his friend hadn't done anything like that but he also knew that the humans were capable of not taking their romantic relationships earnestly, evident by the increasing documented unfaithfulness in their world.

Sean didn't answer. He just swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat. It confirmed Nate's accusation.

"Just get the fuck out of here." Nate ordered. Both of his hands balled up into tight fists.

"Nate, I don't know what happened man! I had few glasses of wines with mom and dad and I seriously don't know what happened after that."

"Yeah right! You had some wine, you fell and your dick slipped inside her. And I'm supposed to believe that when I've seen you gulp down a huge fucking bottle of vodka and still walk straight."

"Nate... Ariana. Please believe me. I love you and only you. I wouldn't dream of hurting you. After that dinner, I don't even remember Sam coming to my house or my room. I just woke up today and found her in my bed beside me. My body doesn't feel like it's had sex. Sam said we did. But I don't remember anything."

"Sam? Really? It's Samantha, asshole!" Nate's wolf was surfacing in his anger. Caius was ready to eat Sean alive today if he had to. "Or do you still want to call her by nickname, you shameless -"

Ariana shocked both the guys when she suddenly slid down from her chair, knelt beside Sean and enveloped him into a big hug. He was shaking like a leaf in her arms.

Nate couldn't believe what Ariana was doing in front of him. She wasn't beating the crap out of Sean or even crying and confronting him. Instead, she was coddling him. He saw red.

"What the fuck, Ariana! Just because that Xavier bastard hurt you doesn't mean you drop your standards so low that you accept just anything."

Ariana ignored his scolding and helped Sean stand up and sit on the sofa. "Ari, I'm sorry." He repeated. "Please don't leave me.."

"It's not your fault, Sean." Ariana gently caressed his jaw. Unlike Nate, she had actually listened to Sean's words.

When Xavier had broken her heart, she had been inconsolable. Pain had assaulted her senses and there was nothing but Xavier's betrayal in her mind. This time, after her initial shock, her senses were intact enough to notice that Sean hadn't admitted to cheating on her.