Chapter 9: A Couple of Pups in King Arthur's Court

Start from the beginning

Junior and Aurora: (thinking) Gulp! Let's just pray King Arthur's just as good as we grew up with.

Then the knights and the pups arrive at a castle. They all stop at a moat. (For those who don't know what those are search it up).The lead knight brings out a  Bugle and plays a hearty tune on that sunny, bright day. A man from the top of the gate asks who has come.

Gatekeeper: Who goes there?

Lead Knight: It's Lancelot! It's Sir Lancelot, dash it all! I've brought a couple pups who want an audience with King Arthur.

Gatekeeper: More of that, eh? 

The gatekeeper pulls a lever that lowers the drawbridge door and the knights and their captive pups cross it. As they cross, Junior remembers the name Lancelot. Before he was overpowered by the chivalrous Galahad, he's known to be the greatest, if not best, knight to sit at the Round Table. Then they reach the other side of the bridge and the drawbridge closes. They enter the castle and lots of knights, pages, and citizens walk around. Most of them gaze at Junior and Aurora asking, "More pups?" or "How many pups are gonna run through our kingdom?" or even "May I have a puppy, mother??. Yeah. It's true. Anyway, the seven knights and their PAW Patrol captives walk inside the castle part of the castle. The horses are left to their stables and Lancelot unties the ropes hooking Junior and Aurora off the saddle but he grasps it like as if he's a royal dog walker. Then the knights and the pups reach the Round Table. Junior and Aurora's eyes are widened. Junior thinks to himself in the fanboyish way as possible.

Junior: (in his thoughts) The Round Table. Everything here is real. Myths have been written. Songs have been sung, Stories have been told. But the legend of it all . . . lies here. The ever-amazing, the long-neglected, often adapted in movies and TV, but never duplicated Round Table of Camelot!

Then trumpets play, signaling the king's arrival. Lancelot and his men bow to the presence of their leader Arthur. Beside the legendary ruler was his best advisor and life-long friend Merlin walking with his scepter. He wore a great blue robe with a short gray beard and only a brown hood. Also next to Arthur was his recently wedded wife Guinevere. Arthur signaled everybody to stop bowing, Lancelot and everyone else in his company stands up? As King Arthur sits down in a seat with a scabbard on the back, he takes the legendary sword Excalibur out. Merlin and Guinevere sit on opposing sides of Arthur's chair. Junior and Aurora look at each other with fandom going through their veins. Arthur puts the sword in the scabbard on his chair, then more knights arrive as Arthur calls out their names.

King Arthur: Galahad, come forth.

Sir Galahad, a heroic-looking knight with more gold on his armor than Lancelot, emerges from the room and sits next to Guinevere.

King Arthur:  Pellinore, sit down.

Sir Pellinore, a tall man with a bushy mustache like from Disney version of The Sword and the Stone, also steps forward and sits in the third chair, the one on Galahad's right.

King Arthur: Kay, have a seat.

Sir Kay, a big, strong and silent knight sits down on Pellinore's right, making the mustached knight uneasy.

 King Arthur: Dinadin, leave your antics off the table.

Sir Dinadin, an average sized, the "should-have-been-named-Sir-Smiles-a-lot" type and sits down next to the growling Kay.

 King Arthur: Percival. my friend. Pick a seat.

 Sir Percival, son of Pellinore, emerges with a grin and sits down next to Dinadin on his right.