Chapter 112: In his eyes, am I really that unworthy?

Start from the beginning

Driven by past life grievances, he couldn't let go of his jealousy towards Nan Yi. But who could have predicted that in this life, Lin Qiuwu would fall for Yun Luo, his Alpha childhood friend?

Nan Zhi often resented the Alpha's fickle affections and regretted his own foolish actions.

He had many regrets, but one thing he never lamented was keeping Lin Yunjian.

At the very least, there was one person in this world who truly belonged to him.

His gaze fell, revealing a hint of loneliness, "Lin Qiuwu, I may not be as... undesirable as you describe..."

Nan Zhi felt he owed many people, but he never wronged Lin Qiuwu.

"Hmph."

"Daddy?"

Little Lin Yunjian, noticing his Omega father's distress, looked worried and tried to get down from Lin Qiuwu's grasp.

"Stay put."

"Hmm."

A stern voice from the Alpha made Lin Yunjian flinch.

His clear eyes instantly filled with tears. The little Alpha, feeling aggrieved, wriggled out of Lin Qiuwu's arms and clung to a downcast Nan Zhi standing beside.

"Dad... Dad... sob..."

With Lin Yunjian clinging to his legs, a seated Lin Qiuwu shot Nan Zhi an annoyed glance.

The Omega, with his head slightly lowered, appeared forlorn, his upward-curling eyelashes fluttering a few times.

An inexplicable irritation welled up, amplified by the sound of a child's sobs.

Even though Lin Yunjian was an Alpha, he cried like an Omega, and Lin Qiuwu blamed Nan Zhi for this behavior.

In Lin Qiuwu's mind, Nan Zhi's tears were as insincere as a crocodile's. Every time in his presence, Nan Zhi would display those dewy eyes, portraying innocence and deep emotion.

It seemed as if he had grievously wronged Omega.

"Stop crying!"

He remarked with a hint of irritation.

Nan Zhi froze, and upon hearing his words, Lin Yunjian felt even more aggrieved, only daring to whimper softly as he buried his face in Nan Yi's legs.

"He's just a child. You know... he feels hurt."

Nan Zhi spoke slowly, his voice muffled.

"Master, dinner is ready..." The butler entered just in time to see Lin Yunjian, teary-eyed and clinging to Nan Zhi's legs. He hesitated with his next words.

"Hmm, carry young master to dinner."

"Yes, sir."

The expressionless butler approached Lin Yunjian and bent down to pick up the young alpha.

"He doesn't let strangers hold him!"

Nan Zhi, somewhat angered, mistakenly called out to Lin Qiu. He met the cold gaze of the alpha, causing him to catch his breath.

"Yunjian is shy. I'll take him myself."

"Take him! You stay." The alpha's voice was cold and brooking no refusal.

The butler reached out for Lin Yunjian, touched his little belly, and gently tugged him.

"Daddy... sob... "

Lin Yunjian clung to himself and wouldn't let go. Nan Zhi was a bit helpless and could only pat the young alpha's head.

"Yunjian, go eat with this uncle first. Daddy will come and hold you in a bit, okay?"

"No... no..."

"Be good, Yunjian. If you're not obedient, Daddy won't cuddle with you tonight."

Only Nan Zhi's gentle warning made the tearful young boy let go.

He then obediently turned to hug the butler's neck, charming even the typically stoic butler, especially with a face that so resembled Lin Qiuwu's.

Lin Yunjian sniffled, and as the butler lifted him, he pouted, casting a pitiful look towards Lin Qiuwu.

The alpha looked back, though his expression was one of confusion.

"Please say something to him, consider it as a consolation," Nan Zhi whispered.

Lin Qiuwu cleared his throat uncomfortably and said, somewhat awkwardly, "I'll be right there."

Miraculously, upon hearing those words, Lin Yunjian, who was being carried to the dining room, grinned joyfully. Despite the tear stains on his face, he resembled a little dirt-smudged dumpling.

"Such an ungrateful little thing," thought Nan Zhi.