Chapter 111: Lin Yunjian Meets Alpha Dad

Start from the beginning

And he was now speaking. The alpha recalled their previous meeting when the child could only babble and had cried sorrowfully in his embrace.

Lin Qiuwu's gaze shifted from the young alpha to the omega, who was adorned in a white sweater and light-colored pants. Their outfits today seemed deliberately coordinated, almost resembling a couple's attire. This made Lin Qiuwu suddenly feel a bit uneasy about his own clothes.

"Daddy..."

After obediently taking another big gulp of juice at Nan Zhi's urging, Lin Yunjian looked up to spot the alpha on the staircase.

He swiftly swallowed the juice in his mouth, his eyes widening in a mix of shock and elation as they locked onto Lin Qiuwu.

The man looked identical to the one in the wallpaper on his daddy's phone, except for the attire.

Nan Zhi: !

Nan Zhi quickly raised his head, meeting Lin Qiuwu's intense gaze and finding himself holding his breath.

"Daddy... Da... dad."

Lin Yunjian hopped off Nan Zhi's lap.

"Yunjian..."

Nan Zhi couldn't call back the enthusiastic little alpha in time. Lin Yunjian trotted over to the base of the staircase, craning his neck to look up at Lin Qiuwu.

"Dad?"

It was the first time Lin Qiuwu heard the soft, childlike voice of the little alpha calling him "Dad".

For a moment, Lin Qiuwu was at a loss for words.

Owing to Nan Zhi, he wasn't particularly fond of the young alpha either.

Yet, facing the young alpha who resembled him and hearing him call out "Dad", Lin Qiuwu felt an unexpected twinge of joy.

"Yunjian..."

Without speaking, Nan Zhi's anxiety intensified to the point of sweaty palms. Lin Qiuwu descended the stairs step by step until he stood in front of Lin Yunjian, who was still gazing up at him.

"Dad...?"

The young alpha called out again with a hint of confusion, his eyes filled with eager anticipation.

Just when Nan Zhi began to think that Lin Qiuwu would disregard the little alpha, the latter bent down.

Lin Qiuwu didn't pick up the little Alpha. Instead, he pinched the chubby cheeks affectionately.

Lin Yunjian tilted his head joyfully. As Lin Qiuwu straightened up after pinching him, the little one reached out, grabbing the hem of Lin Qiuwu's casual pants.

Nan Zhi gazed intently at Lin Qiuwu, whose expression showed no disdain. To him, this moment felt like a dream he had long fantasized about.

As the Alpha slowly approached him, Nan Zhi's breathing became more measured.

The eyes behind the glasses furrowed slightly upon seeing Nan Zhi's smiling face, jolting him back to reality.

Just because Lin Qiuwu didn't dislike Lin Yunjian didn't mean he had any affection for Nan Zhi. The Alpha's disdain for him remained unchanged.

"Have you eaten?"

The tone was steady, devoid of highs and lows, directed at Lin Yunjian.

The Alpha sat on the central couch, while Nan Zhi stood in front of a smaller one, appearing somewhat lost.

"Hungry..."

Indeed, Lin Yunjian hadn't had lunch yet since he was preoccupied with bringing the little tearful one to see Lin Qiuwu.

Nan Zhi checked his phone; it was one o'clock, well past the little Alpha's lunchtime.

"Young master, the kitchen is preparing the meal."

The butler promptly interjected from the side.

"Mm."

Whenever Nan Zhi was in the same room as Lin Qiuwu, nothing else would catch his gaze.

He observed the Alpha cautiously. Lin Qiuwu, with his head lowered, was engaged in a staring contest with Lin Yunjian seated in front of him. Those pronounced knuckles reached out, and he drew the little Alpha into his embrace, setting him face to face on his lap.

Two similar faces, one big, one small.

"Daddy."

Even though Lin Yunjian was a reserved little Alpha, he seemed unafraid of the stern-faced Lin Qiuwu in his embrace. Instead, he stretched out his tiny hand and touched the Alpha's nose.

"Hmm?" The Alpha responded, his brows slightly furrowed.

Nan Zhi knew he wasn't upset.

"Papa."

After several minutes in Lin Qiuwu's embrace, the little tearful one remembered himself, momentarily forgetting about his "papa" due to the presence of his Alpha father.

Prompted by the little Alpha's words, Lin Qiuwu's gaze shifted to Nan Zhi.

Meeting those indifferent eyes, the smile at the corner of Nan Zhi's mouth froze.

"What are you up to, little tearful one?"

Despite feeling the disdainful gaze of the Alpha, Nan Zhi bravely approached the duo and reached out to hold Lin Yunjian's tiny hand.

"Ah.. ah.."

Two of Nan Zhi's fingers were tightly grasped. Lin Yunjian's other hand touched Lin Qiuwu's perfectly proportioned lips.

Lin Qiuwu: ?