𝘟𝘟𝘐𝘝: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘊𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘰𝘭𝘧

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 08/26/2023

Bill and the (h/c) female sat over the cliff overlooking the sea, the edges of the memory blurry. Swinging her legs over the ledge thoughtlessly, the female listened silently as the demon beside her hummed an upbeat tune, laying back in the grass. The song wasn't familiar as he looked up at the sky, his hands behind his head.

"Why do you do it," she finally asked, hearing the man shift slightly, his golden gaze landing on her form or a moment.

"Do what?" He asked, shifting to lay on his side. He took a moment to study her face now, the (s/c) flesh that sculpted her cheeks and the light dusting of blood in her cheeks. The blue-grey waves off the sea reflected off glassy (e/c) orbs and cast golden light over her face, the light of sunrise refracting off the sea ahead.

"Bother with humans, with us lower life forms," she added flatly, her eyes softening to rest upon the ever-shifting blue horizon. Behind them, the sun rose on a burned village, still smoking from the small blue flames that still ate at the bodies along the streets, frozen in fear.

Bill took a moment to think, humming to himself thoughtfully. "Sheer, absolute boredom," he finally concluded with a shrug, folding his arms behind his head again and settling back down to look up at the fading night sky. "When you're like me, a being who can live forever and long then after, the thing that ends up bothering you the most is yourself. Immortality isn't just about not dying; you also have to learn to live with yourself forever. And find a reason to do what you want to spend your time on-- which for me happens to be playing with the mortals."

She was silent or a moment. "It must be nice, not to worry about dying all the time," she answered as she looked down at the reflection of the stars on the shifting water.

"It can be," he answered with a shrug, hardly glancing her way as she started talking again, messing with the edge of her dress absently. "You say that like we didn't just make a deal over your eternal lifetime, in case you've forgotten already."

"Of course I haven't, but unlike you, I'm not unkillable," she answered with a sigh, and Bill rolled his eyes. "It won't be forev-" she was cut off. Grabbing the back of her dress, the man in yellow pulled her down into the grass with a thud, green blades of grass popping up between the strands of (h/c). Shutting her eyes together, the hissed out in shock. "Cipher! What-"

"Hush, kid," he said with an annoyed tone. "That's not gonna happen, we shook over it. Do you see all those stars up there? Each one has a planet circling it. I've been to nearly every world out there, every crack in the spaces between, every dimension you can't see from here." He lifted his hand to point at some of the stars, which lit up slightly brighter as he gestured to them with a gloved hand. Even in the blush of dawn, the (h/c) felt like she could see the universe from here.

"I have never broken a deal on any of them."

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂