Charlise quickly fixed up some glasses of ice water, hoping to deliver them to her brother and father into the garage. She carried the glasses out to the old wood barn. Turing the corner she saw the face of the boy she had been trying a avoid for the past couple months, not that she didn't want to see him, no it was because she didn't know how she would act if put around him again.

She was about to turn tail and run but he looked up from the small dust plane he was working on and saw her. She always loved it when Danny worked in the planes. Today, he was wearing a thin white tank top. Thin enough that his tanned abs popped though. His pants were baggy black cargos. His hair looked messy and sweaty, he also had the back tar from the plane all over him. Oddly adding to his appearance.

" oh- Charl-" he said loudly banging his head in the wing of the plane as he stood up.

" Danny are you alright?" she said stepping closer to him. He rubbed his hand over the top of his head giving her a thumbs up with his other hand,

" Never better." He said laughing

Charlise looked quickly around the garage. Trying to avaoid his burning eye contact.

" Wheres Rafe and Papa?"

" Went to the market to get some more supplies to fix the engine."

" Oh- did y'all break the plane again. You know you fly her all to much." Charlise said patting the airplane going underneath its wing to the other side.

" Maybe- your papa better not know it. Or I'll be out of flying for life." Danny said following her.

" Well I brought you this water, thinkin you'd be thirsty." She said handing him the glass. As he grabbed it his hands intentionally slid past hers. He quickly swallowed the water in a couple big gulps.

" Thank you darlin," he said handing the glass back to her.

" So what is Mrs. Charlie doin today." He said Turing back to his work on the motor, while Charlise took a seat nearby.

" Nothing much, there's the bonfire tonight. In Oak Creek, I was thinkin you should come. Could be fun." Charlise said staring at her feet.

Danny was ecstatic that she had asked him to go somewhere. While she didn't mean go together, but she wanted him to be there. That was enough for him.

" Alright, I'll come, sounds fun." He said grinning at her.

" Well I'm glad to here that. It's at eight when the sun goes down. Rafes comin too, with that red head from the fair."

" alright I'll see you there Charlie."

" you need anything else while your out here, I was going to make lunch while papa and Rafe are out." She said standing up from her seat,

" Oh nah, I'm good, just glad you came to talk to me that's all."

——————
Danny Walker

Oak Creek was a small river bed that was a frequent spot for hang outs. A small shed was adjacent to the river, tall grasses and flowers sprawled through the area. I had arrived with Rafe, he had gotten a couple drinks that Frank Whitman had brought from his dads house. I talked to a couple of my friends from school and then found a seat by the shed. Eventually, everyone go tired of standing around and collectively sat around the sheds candlelight smoking or slowly drifting off to sleep. Rafe had gone off with a girl a while ago. So Danny was left by himself.