At this Heavensbee did turn his head in Valeria's direction for an answer only she could give. She was the only one that had seen the captured man, seen how he handled torture and how well he could hold out for a cause he held dear to his heart.

There was a brief pause as Valeria thought back to the man from the night before, the one her grandfather had so crudely referred to as a guest. It couldn't be further from the truth, the man being continuously tortured for any information he may have about the cause. He had held out so far, but Valeria knew all too well it was only a matter of time. That's why when she raised her hand, she held up three fingers for the men to see. 

Three days.

That's how long Valeria estimated it would take for the man to break. 

Heavensbee nodded his head at the numbers as her hand dropped back to her side. The discussion didn't last much longer after that, with the promise to meet again the next night to finish the plan. Valeria didn't plan on being there, remembering that she had prior commitments she had made due to her will wavering for only a moment. 

Valeria groaned as she remembered Finnick would be returning to her apartment, meaning she couldn't be sneaking out late and arouse suspicion with the Victor. While she doubted he was on her grandfather's side, she knew the Victors would do anything if it meant protecting their loved ones, even if it meant betraying the rebellion.

She shook her head of the thoughts as the last rebel left, leaving her alone with Heavensbee as she reached up to remove her mask. Valeria inhaled a deep breath of fresh air as she fixed her tangled mess of blonde hair. Heavensbee reached forward and shut down the screen, taking out the flash drive and shoving it into his pocket for later.

"You didn't need to come," Heavensbee spoke first as he turned to the blonde. "It's an unnecessary risk."

"You know they get uneasy when they don't know where their source is coming from," Valeria rolled her eyes. "Coming as the Jabberjay shuts them up at least."

Heavensbee chuckled as he shook his head at the girl, but there was a seriousness behind his voice as he spoke.

"You won't always be this lucky to sneak around the Capitol like this," he warned her. "You should be more careful."

"Luck has nothing to do with it," Valeria retorted back, clearly offended by his words.

"You know that's not what I meant," Heavensbee sighed, but didn't say much else on the topic knowing it would only rile her up. Then they really wouldn't get anywhere. "No one suspects though? Not even your grandfather?"

Valeria released a humorous chuckle as she shook her head at the man.

"You have too little faith in me, Plutarch," Valeria replied.

"I have too much faith in you," Heavensbee responded instead, catching the girl off guard. "It's why we can't afford to lose you."

"You worry too much," Valeria's words were light, but her tone was not. She knew all too well the consequences of being caught, the thought alone sent shudders down her back. "Everyone stupidly thinks the Jabberjay is a man. As you can see, I am not one. I think I will be fine for a little while longer."

Heavensbee didn't press further, nodding his head at her words. It would be foolish to start doubting her capability now, not after everything she had done for the rebellion. 

"I heard an interesting rumor going around," Heavensbee changed the subject as he watched Valeria shift, raising a questioning eyebrow at where his statement was going. "That you've been requesting the presence of Finnick Odair?"

Valeria rolled her eyes as she remembered what she had asked her grandfather only yesterday.

"Gods, don't remind me," Valeria's mind wandered back to the blonde man with green eyes. "Grandfather sent him for my birthday - don't ask me why."

Valeria stopped Heavensbee before he could question her about it, although she knew the question lingered in the back of his mind. It was an obscure gift for a girl that hated her birthday, but she was still a Capitol citizen, and that was the Capitol way. 

"I felt bad, okay?" Valeria seemed defensive as she continued. "He seemed so scared when grandfather called, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for another night. He'll sleep on the couch and then be on his way. I won't have to deal with him after that."

"I don't care what you do in your free time," Heavensbee shrugged his shoulders. "As long as you're careful. You know one small slip up-"

"Can mean the difference between victory and defeat, I know," Valeria repeated in exasperation as she thought back to the many times he had told her those words. "Don't worry, I know."

Heavensbee almost felt bad that she did know as he stared upon the girl who had seen too much and done too much for the cause. All for something that he wasn't even sure they could succeed in. They could only hope that it would all be worth it one day.

He held onto the that hope, not only for the sake of the rebellion, but for the sake of the girl who stood before him with a stone faced mask and strong will to be better than her grandfather.