5.30| WHERES YOUR HEAD AT

Now playing
Wheres your head at by Basement Jaxx

"I saw something." Wade breathed out, his eyes bloodshot. Finally coming back to reality, he took his hand from his brother and removed the towel, inspecting the bloodied knuckles.

"Again?" Wayne asked, "It's became more frequent over the past month." He stepped forward, immediately moving back when glass crunched under his work-boot. "I'll go get the broom." He left the room.

"I'm gonna call Mike and Emma." Wade stepped over the shards of glass with the broken mirror in hand. He walked down the stairs and went out the front door, throwing out the mirror in the trashcan.

____________________________
(GUMMY BEAR)
-7:48 AM-

You
Remind me to buy a new mirror
Read.

____________________________

The raven haired man waited for a reply then finally decided to make the emergency call "Hey, Mike. Are you and Em home?"

"Yes. What's going on?" Mike asked.

"It's happening more frequently." He spoke, running his injured hand under the kitchen tap, washing off the blood.

A deep sigh came from the other end, "Come over." The phone went silent.

"What are we gonna do?" The three adults sat in the Banner family living room, Wade and Emma holding cups of coffee, Mike with water.

"I think the real question is: are the girls seeing them again?" The faded redhead spoke worriedly, her fingers tapping against the side of the cup.

Wade's face contorted, "We would know if they have. They would tell us."

"Yeah, when they were kids." Mike stepped in, "They're much more reserved now. Even more than they were." He took a deep sip from the water.

"They've been seeing them since the time they were in soccer together."

"Team meeting, girls!" The Little League soccer team's coach, Lorelei, called for the group of six-year-olds, who all gathered together. Bright smiled on most of the tiny humans.

"Great job, little ladies. Big news, we have a new player today. Meet Ashlyn." A small, pale girl with sage eyes and braided red hair, black headphones over her ears. "Say hi to Ashlyn everyone."

"Hi, Ashlyn!"

"Hello, Ashlyn."

"Sup, Ash." "Don't call me that." The new girl murmured,

A specific little girl didn't speak or greet the nerve wracked one. Instead, all she did was stare at the space behind the bleachers from across the field.

A tall, black covered figure with a large grin and beady eyes, stood like the "Slender Man" thing she had seen on the TV.

She tilted her head, it tilted its head. She raised her arm up a bit, it raised up its arm. "Elaine? Are you okay?" Lorelei knelt down in from of the girl, snapping her from the trance.

"I....saw Slender Man." She whispered, looking into the coach's eyes.

"The myth?" Lorelei laughed off.

"I swear! Look!" The hazel eyed girl pointed to the bleachers, only for nothing to be there. "It was just there..."

Hearing the conversation, Ashlyn's small eyes widened, following her eyes to the space. 'She sees them too? Does everyone?'

"You must be seeing things." The older woman stood, and clapped her hands. "Lets show Ashlyn around. Introduce yourselves and ask questions!"

•••

"Dogs or cats?" The blond boy asked, stepping down repeatedly on the school stairs.

"Hmm." Taylor hummed, "I'm gonna go with both. They're all so cute!"

"Dogs." Elaine answered easily. "Cats are fun though."

"Cats." Logan replied, scratching the side of his face.

"I know Ben is a cat person. What about you guys?" Aiden nudged the other two teens, "Wow, wrong crowd." He backed up, standing next to his raven haired friend.

"You guys are being weird." Elaine raised a brow at the two. Without reply, the redhead ran to the nearest communal restroom. "Subtle."

"Whats with her?" Taylor whispered to her brother. Her hands tucked into her jean pockets.