001

Soobin was never really a fan of the city. He hated how loud it was, how fake people where, how the stars never really showed up due to all the city lights. He absolutely hated it. But there was just one thing that he loved. He enjoyed the huge obnoxious glass windows looking into the apartments across his own.

He knew every single person living in those apartments without really knowing them. Every morning he would stand infront of his own huge obnoxious glass window while brushing his teeth, checking up on what the people were doing.

It facinated him how different each one of their lives where. The girl on the top apartment was extremely athletic. Athletic on an unhealthy level in Soobin's opinion. Every morning she would put on her black leggings and ACDC t-shirt and go out for her daily run. She wore the same thing every morning and if it was chilly she would throw on her annoyingly pink puffer jacket.

The couple living in the apartment below her had an interesting relationship. So interesting that even if you didn't have a bad habit of sticking your nose in people's lives like Soobin, you wouldn't help but tune in. One day they would fight for hours on end and the next they would have sex for hours on end.

The man was a photographer that would bring in girls to photograph while his girlfriend wasn't around and let's just say each one of those girls left pleasured.

He knew he had a problem but he quite frankly did not care since there was nothing else to do in the miserable city. Soobin played the piano and he was pretty darn good at it. It was his ever longing passion but realistically he knew he wouldn't be able to make a career out of it so he spent his days working in underpaying coffee shops and he despised it.

His current job at the coffee shop down the street was starting to get to him so he decides that maybe it was time to get himself a job that actually pays.

He gets himself ready, grabs his apron and name tag and heads out the door into the busy city.

"I quit." he says lifelessly as he places the apron and name tag on the counter, leaving before the worker could even say anything.  What now? What if he never ends up finding a job? He takes his phone out of his pocket texting one of his best friends Beomgyu to meet up at his apartment.

"You quit your job?! Soobin you know how hard it is to find a job here, you're practically fucked." Beomgyu scolds "That job never payed me well anyway Beomgyu I'm barely paying my bills. Will you please just find me any other job that pays better? I swear I owe you one." Soobin says, watching as Beomgyu gives in "Fine, I might know a place." he sighs, grabbing a sticky note and a pencil and writing down something.

"There's a little pub just a few blocks down that's offering, you can try there other than that you're on your own partner." he says as Soobin gets up, giving him a tight hug "Who has the best friend ever?" he smiles as Beomgyu pushes him away "You do, now go before you lose the job."

Soobin was feeling hopeful about the pub he was standing in front of. It had a big wooden sign upfront that read 'Royal Oak'. It was quite cozy inside and a breath of fresh air. Bonus points, it also didn't smell like pure coffee grounds. He looks around before finally finding the owner. Or at least who looks like the owner.

"Excuse me, I heard you were hiring." as soon as he finished his sentence the man pulls him into his office. "You must be a blessing in disguise young man." he chuckles like he was plotting something before sitting at his desk and signaling Soobin to take a seat across from him. Soobin hesitantly sits down. "Let's proceed with some questions." he says before taking a sip of whatever he has in his mug. "You want to interview me now?" Soobin asks, raising a brow. "Well of course I do, we haven't had someone like you come in for a while." the man smiles, showing off a set of yellow, decaying teeth.

Why didn't they get people like him in a while? "Okay so let's start with a name please." He says,  clicking his pen "Soobin, Choi Soobin." he says as the man takes down his name on a notebook. "Alright Choi Soobin, let's start with why you need the job." he says. "I just need a job that pays me better than a coffee shop." He truthfully says. "Well you're in a good place for that." He smiles once again "Do you happen to have any bar tending experience Soobin?" the man asks "My mom used to own a restaurant with a bar and I helped out once in a while." He shrugs. "What happened to the restaurant may I ask?" Soobin already hated this guy. He definitely was a city dude, sticking his nose in his business "You may not." Soobin says as the man chuckles annoyingly "I see I have myself another Yeonjun." He says.

Now who was Yeonjun? "Okay so Soobin, I was going to hire you even if you had no experience because we have a bigger concern then you getting the job, which by the way you're hired." the man says "I am?" Soobin asks and the man nods "Here's the problem now Soobin, my bar tender Yeonjun is kind of a pain in my ass." He whispers as if Yeonjun were in the room. "He's convinced that he needs no help at the bar but I can tell he's struggling quite a bit, especially since our nights are getting busier."

Soobin nods slowly "I don't want you to mess this up kid, and don't let him get to you since he may be a bit harsh the first few days cause he's used to working on his own but I know he'll warm up to you." he says. "When can I start?" Soobin asks "I'll have you behind that bar tomorrow then." he says, holding out a hand. Soobin gets up, shaking his hand as he bows down a couple of times "thank you so much." He smiles before leaving. This would be his fresh start, he thought as he walked home.

This is the beginning of a new chapter.

tbc.