95. Away From You

Start from the beginning

I could feel Nick caressing me with his soft gaze, he was staring at the side of my face with a little smile.

"Stop it, Nick," I say and shut my phone to keep it beside me.

"What? I'm looking outside," He chuckles.

We were in the car heading back to his sky-scraping penthouse.

I look to my left matching his hot gaze, "You're not getting the sketch."

He let out a throaty chuckle, his eyes sparkling, "That's not why I'm looking..."

I smile ever so slightly, "Then don't look," I tell him.

"Can't help it, amor," he says huskily as his eyes roam all over my face. I took in a deep shaky breath as my eyes followed his eyes. My chest felt full and my tummy exploded with butterflies.

His phone glowed, illuminating the insides of the dark car. I saw the name, It was a call from Bianca.

His eyebrows furrow when he saw the caller's name and answered the call. He pressed the phone to his ear, "Sim."

So, sim means yes. This much I know after spending two months in Rio. I have caught up on a few words but I cannot understand the language verbally.

She said something that instantly changed the colour of Nick's face, he went all cold and unbothered; like he remembered something. I saw his grip on the phone tightened, popping his veins.

He was suddenly looking out of sorts, "Mhmm...", he hummed. And there's something about the way he mhmms. It's very distracting and hot.

As I was watching his body language change from chirpy to rigid, my phone buzzed in my hand again. It was a call from Mr. Francis.

I glance at Nick before answering, "Yes, Mister Francis."

"Good evening, Miss Adams," He wished me in an unsure tone. I sensed some kind of distress in his voice indicating me we are in a crisis and it was linked to the man sitting beside me.

All things apart, I like to hear Mister Francis's voice, he exerts some kind of obedient vibes, even if he hasn't been obedient to me. He is a good man and he is very committed to his job.

"Good evening. What's the emergency?", I get straight to the point. By this time, Nick was done with the call and was now pondering about something. I glance at his fists balled by his side.

What happened?

"I apologise for what I'm going to request but I've already left the building and I'm stuck in traffic. And I can't get back to the office--," He says. I was looking at Nick who was not in a good mood after the call and Mister Francis was on the call with me beating around the bush. Patience was rushing out of me like the Niagara Falls.

"Just spill it, Mister Francis," I say.

"Mister Silva's PA, Miss Rodriguez called saying that they need the original documents of our hotel and they're in the safe. Since I don't have access to the safe right now, I was hoping you could send it to them," He said and it didn't sound like much of a deal then why is he making it sound like he was about to tell me we went bankrupt again or something.