95. Away From You

REIGN's POV
____________________

I was amazed how drawing a pretty detailed sketch of Kymburly's pregnant belly would make Jackie win. Apparently, any picture of her or anything related to her would have made anybody win. So, drawing a pacifier, a cradle, a onesie or even a neat sketch of a freaking baby was of complete waste.

Jackie won a pink tennis bracelet and Jackie hates pink. The face she made after seeing the prize was hysterical. Kymburly being Kymburly gifted her named shaped diamond earrings to everyone. What are we even going to do with the Kymburly shaped earrings? Ugh.

Well, I can't be harsh on her, since all the women in her party were freaking out about my fiancée and the ring he gave me. I'm sorry about it but I accidentally stole Kymburly's thunder on her very important day. The least I can do is wear her name shaped earrings.

I'm just glad there weren't any media people in and outside the venue; it would have caused a whole scene for me.

But the decision of trusting Jackie proved to be worthwhile; it was a good party and I did have a little fun. Basically it was a good distraction and with Jackie and Nick by my side it was worth it. And seeing Pierce after so many years really took my mind off my current sufferings, plus it was really fun to see Nick give deadly glares to poor Pierce. Even though I didn't like the way Nick reacted to my little secret, it was fun to see him get jealous of Pierce. He must be thinking how he could have gotten me to sleep with him; simple, I was stupid and pathetic back then. More than I'm right now.

And the puppies.

I really needed that boost of oxytocin and I couldn't think of anything better than cuddling and kissing a bunch of puppies. Kymburly isn't as narcissist as I thought she was, I mean somehow she made my day better. I wouldn't have even thought of checking my invites if it wasn't for Jackie who reminded me of it. Mister Francis would've sent flowers or some gifts on my behalf to her, the party to never reach my ears.

My phone buzzed in my hand.

A text from Jackie

Even after persuading Jackie to stay over she didn't listen. She said she didn't want to be the third wheel between us again and asked us to drop her off at Georgie's, so we did. Before leaving she begged me to just do it with Nick and get over with it already. She said she could feel the sexual tension between us from across the room with a dozens of people inside it. I know there's some kind of sexual tension between us and whenever he gets close to me, all I can think of is his hands on my body but I can't do anything about it. I'm not in the right place to think and do such things right now; I can't take advantage of him just to take my mind off my sufferings. But I have chosen to give him the chance I never gave him in the first place and I cannot hurt him anymore.

Nicholas Silva is a gem.

Jackie sent me a picture.

It was a picture of me and Nick from the party, when he was fixing my hair before all the ladies went to take a picture with Kymburly. It was a cute picture, it looked like a professional snapshot with the complete pink, rose backdrop. Nick looking irresistible, like he said, in his lemon yellow shirt and I... I was gazing at him as he fixed my hair. The fluttering of butterflies I felt when he brought his hands up to run his fingers through my hair was unmatched. Nick is full of doing the little things, little gestures that just sweep me off my feet.