Chapter 20 - wtf dad

Start from the beginning

———

"Reginald is such a lovely person." Y/n joked as she took the two jackets off. Clothes clinging on her like a second skin defining her body, she looked like a wet puppy.
Five took the jackets and left them on the floor. "You might want to take a shower."
Y/n wrapped her hands around her arms crossing them just under her chest seeking some warmth, she looked at him move taking a towel out the wardrobe.
"I think I do, can I take a bath?"
"So you could drown again?" He joked as she giggled still shivering like a leaf. Now what?
Y/n looked at herself, then at the bathroom, at the towel and to finish it she looked at Five. "I might need to take off my clothes... where do I put them?"
"Leave them over the jackets, I'll get them washed," He said walking towards her handing the towel, she got a hold on it and smiled glad that he had this situation figured out. "Just close the bathroom door when you are in, I'll need to get back in the room."
"Gotcha," She held her thumb up and he nodded inspecting with his eyes a little more making sure she was just cold and not hurt. There was no blood so he was more relaxed, and it didn't look like she had sprained or broken anything. "You can go now."
Y/n voice was slow and unsure because Five had stood there a little more than usually comfortable.
"Yeah, right." He sunk his hand in his pockets and headed out glancing once more before finally heading out.
"Weirdo." Y/n mumbled with a smile as she went to prepare her bath.

Viktor climbed the stairs two by two a little too worried to wait for their call, when he was on the second floor he turned the corner and spotted Five outside the door, leaning on the wall opposite to it.
"Hey." Five looked at him as he called for his attention. "Everything alright? what happened?"
"The dumb-ass fell in the lake." His voice was a little annoyed but Viktor knew how Five was, he masked every emotion with his usual "I don't give a fuck about anyone" attitude but in reality he cared about everyone, especially Y/n.
"Is she alright? Have you-" Viktor tried to open the door but his brother held his wrist a little too tight.
"She's about to take a bath." Informed Five with a face Viktor had probably seen one time. It was years ago when he was in a relationship with Dolores. She was changing up in the guests bathroom during one of the hot summers and Diego announced he was going to use it.
"Oh sorry. Does she need a tea or something?" Viktor asked as Five let go of his wrist not really seeing his little brother as a threat, the action was just a reflex he didn't know he would have had over Y/n.
"Hot chocolate, but is going to take her a while so don't worry, I'll do it."
Viktor nodded slowly, not even with Dolores his brother had ever acted like that. Five used to make things just for himself from the moment he started to go to university. "Alright, then I'll just go back, I don't trust Lila alone with the kids."

———

Y/n sighed dunking herself in the warm water, bubbles covering the surfaces as water kept going from this little bathroom fall. Her body finally warming up after the last 20 minutes spent freezing like an ice cube. A folded towel behind her head as she relaxed the most she could.
That day was full of emotions, cuddling in the morning, going shopping, kissing under a mistletoe, then going wedding dress shopping and all Regniald's skim... she felt warm inside and surprised, and annoyed, and maybe a little disrespected. The image of him smiling with Dolores while she was there looking at them with a wedding dress on, one he had picked for her... she had never received a smile like that from Five and she probably never will, also she never wanted to have it directed to her again, she didn't have to care it was her boss at the end of the day. Yet it pained her... because he could be that happy and it seemed he didn't need a fake bride to do that.

She was in depth with herself, ears hearing nothing else other than her own voice inside her head. Five walked in the room to gather the wet clothes noticing the door of the bathroom open, the opposite of what he had advised to do mere moments ago. He could see hear head above the level of the bathtub, resting over a towel, eyes closed and eyebrows slightly creased like she was in a mind loop, he knew that expression, he'd caught himself int he mirror looking like that multiple times in his life.
He called for her in a mumble without even thinking about it, in his hand her wet clothes were starting to wet the ones he was wearing. She didn't budge and he was thankful for that because he realized only after that he was ready to ask for her concerns.

He walked outside with the lump of clothes putting them in the clothes slide in front of his door. He'd take care of them later, now he had the feeling he was to do something else.
He got back inside the room and changed out of his wet shirt in a new white one and walked towards the bathroom with an objective.
Y/n startled slightly at hearing a light knock on the slightly open bathroom door, she looked up and saw his future husband, face in a expression she had just discovered less then 24 hours ago.
"Hi?" She asked as he pressed his lips together not really knowing if what he was doing was acceptable.
"Do you need anything?" She attempted to engage again with a second question feeling a little exposed, she gathered more bubbles checking that she was safe and she was.
"Do you want to come in?" It was unusual for Five to give off an unsure aura and not even reply, but that question lightened him up a little.