Chapter 10 - Special Morning

She sighed and after some self motivation, that didn't really work, she got up. Her hair messy and chills run around her skin the second her blanket was off, making her shiver slightly. She fought through the cold she was feeling, stumbled on Five's self made bed on the floor and reached the door, she was attempting to understand the buttons uses. Pressed one that turned all the lights flashing her in the eyes, she turned everything off again so she wouldn't fall blind. Pressed the second and the curtains started parting, morning light getting inside the room, that's when she realized she didn't know what time it was yet. Who the hell was she kiding? If he was working it must have been freaking early.

And it was, she had reached the side bed, tripping again on Five's pillow, and spotted the clock signaling 8am in the morning, sun was just getting out, the windows were a little fogged up by the difference in temperature between the outside and the inside of the house. She set on the bed, clock in hand amazed by the view she didn't have time to fully take in the night before.

"Who in the hell are this people?" She asked herself, her mind finally had reached her in that place, in New Hampshire, at Lake crystal. Is not like she was new to money, she was lucky to have parents that thrived a life so she could get just 1% that people like the Hargreeves had.

She set there for a good 10 minutes contemplating the happenings of yesterday, from morning to bed time, until now. "Why did I let myself get dragged into this?" This time her question was louder and she had gotten up. Taking a better look at the room she dropped the clock on the sheets and sighed to get a hold of herself, she was too nice, why did she even accept. This wasn't going to work, his parents will realize they are faking, her parents will argue with her for marrying her own boss and accuse her badly of taking the easy way instead of working her ass off like they did.

She dressed herself with a pair pants that had a small flare and white cotton top that showed her collarbones and shoulders. She walked out of the room trying to tie her hair either in a bun or a pony tail, feet covered by white socks, her walk got unsure the more she walked further, by the time she was walking down the stairs she was looking left and right a little creeped by the fact that she still hadn't seen no one.

"Fucking dog, look what I did for you." It was a mumble that was followed with small chatters, it came from the portrait room and it caught Y/n attention immediately, she walked in sending a glance to the portrait of Ben, which now she knew who he was and then looked to the side were a big glass with an open door lead to a wooden porch and vast garden outside.

Just outside the open door glass were two people standing, wrapped in either coats or blankets, Y/n took a blanket too by the sofa that was directed to the view and wrapped herself too. "Don't really know if it's cute or what?" Said Diego, Allison beside him with a mug of warm something that was fuming up due to the cold of the morning.

"I know, right?" Was his sister reply. Y/n face feel in confusion, what were they saying? She walked closer mumbling a good morning, the two said it back, eyes never leaving the scene happening down in the garden. She looked at the both of them before lookin forward too, spotting her soon to be fake husband, dressed in a dark blue coat looking down at a almost invisible Pogo. The both of them standing in the middle of the snow, dog barking up at him.

Y/n chuckled covering her mouth at seeing that, Allison inevitably laughing out loud now that her future sister-in-law had thrown a lit matches on the gas tank that was the comical after taste of the view. Diego just smiled.

"What is he doing?" She asked tilting her head to the side trying to understand. Five had started to throw little balls of snow at the dog.

"Don't know, but he better hurry whatever that is. You need to get ready for something." Diego turned towards her to say that and then left with half a smile that turned into a serious expression the second he took his leave.
Allison Beside her stayed a second more, crumbs of laughter still coming out of her mouth. "You could go get him, than we have the whole day you and us together." She suggested with a smile.

Y/N nodded adamant gulping down a inexistent bit of worry, it was really cold but she was supposed to be his loving fiancée and they were supposed to look like they'd do a lot for each other. So she went to put her small boots on and walked over the snow in that garden that probably got cleaned that morning since there was considerably less snow than the big walls near the airport.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked making Five snap towards her, face angry, hands red with a strong hold around a ball of snow that could be melting by the high temperature of his body when mad.

"Mom was right, a fox came out and... I had to throw my phone." He said throwing the last ball at the dog that run up the garden and back inside unharmed, neither by the fox nor by Five's wrath. Y/n sighed a chuckle by how absurd this whole scene was and how she had never seen this side of him.

"Are you drunk? Did you have one of your usual martinis?"

Five stared at her with a poker face. "Call by the town at 'Carls and Techs' and order a new one. Frank is gonna call me on that." He ordered before looking around to find something else to order her so she wouldn't start saying stupid things or try to tease him about his actions. "Why are you here out in the cold anyway?"

"Your brother told me to come get you, I think they thought about some family time. I'll get a SIM of your same number shipped so you'll have no problems with your contacts." She informed tightening the blanked around herself, shivering again like she was inside their bedroom.

"You can go tell them that I'll not spend time with them."

"They are your family Five, we are here for this."

"No." He said stepping forward a little bit threatening. "We are here to fake a marriage, not to be friends with my family." He enforced. Y/n turned around feeling the pressure hot on her face, eyes falling on Allison that was still looking at them, and Viktor that had appeared beside her, Pogo in his arms making a party out of the affection he was getting.

She turned around taking in all the air and patience she could get. She was used to his bossy behavior, she somewhat admired it, but this situation was not to be taken like a job, it was supposed to be like a theater piece and sadly Five seemed to be a little rocky on faking emotions. To be true, it was already amazing that he hadn't treated her like he usually does in the office.
"Come here." She said opening her arms, making his stare harden more.

"What's this?"

"Give me a hug, your siblings are watching. I know you don't like it, but if you really want this to look real, you have to do it," She said, her blanket falling open letting Five see that she was in another set of clothes, in which she looked comfortable and really cozy. He rolled his eyes slightly before walking closer and lock his arms around her torso. She hugged him around the neck, his cheek by her temple, she had her mouth just by his neck.
"Here we go," She smiled patting his head making him jolt in discomfort, but she didn't stop, it was not about comfort now.
"Isn't this nice?" She joked.

Five eyes quivered looking at the snow covering the grass, he was probably trying to find reasons to not enjoy the contact: how cold her face was, how her grip around him was hurting him, how she smelled like lavender, how warm she felt under the blanket, how comforting was the voice just under him. Eventually he started melting on her hug, but just as he did Y/n let him free from the hold, making him stumble back into reality. He cursed at himself for thinking about those small stupid things, this was still his pathetic assistant at the end of the day.

"Was it that bad?"

"Never touch my hair again." His comment was sharp, his face saying it all.

Y/n pressed her lips together and caressed his cheek before smiling fakely. "You are such a good fiancée."

———

"Mom? You called?" Five adventure inside the shared studio of his parents.