➢🅴🅿🅸🆂🅾🅳🅴 1 ༒🅿🅰🆁🆃 🆃🆆🅾༒

     The car made its way into the grand building's entrance, they parked and the driver came out and opened the door for the two. The little one came out first placing her phone and her book in their drivers hands, she knew he'll take good care of them as always. Vincenzo came out last, taking the girl's hand and with a soft smile he carried her inside the cathedral.

   The two were wearing matching colors today, Vincenzo in a full black tuxedo and his little girl in a black yet slightly uncomfortable long sleeved dress for the occasion. They passed a scene where a young man's hand was being kissed by another gentleman and walked straight into the little room where a coffin lay, with a white see through veil covering the body. The room had white flowers, several candles and statues across from the coffin.

    Her eyes softened watching the still figure in the coffin, his eyes closed and not breathing. He was lying there peacefully, she bowed her head in respect and uttered these words in a whisper, "Riposa in pace nonno.."

   A small smile tugged at his cheeks as he gazed down at his father, memories flooding through his mind. His hands copied the cross that Jesus Christ carried, then giving a small sigh, seeing tears slid down the girl's pale cheeks. She was crying softly not to disturb him but she also couldn't help it. The tears won't stop.

   A young man passed by the door then stopped at the entrance, he didn't go in but gazed at the two figures from behind, a dagger pointed at the neatly dressed man comforting his crying little girl. But as soon as he looked at where the tiny one stood, tears still rolling down her cheeks, his eyes softened and he passed by without a word spoken.

"Papà.."

    As the cigar was cut Vincenzo's lighter was swung open by his fingers. Vincenzo stood across the table from the sitting man who already lighted his cigar that was in his mouth. As a puff of smoke came out he addressed a matter that was in his mind, "Avresti potuto farlo dopo il funerale."

    "Era il suo ultimo ordine." He placed his hands in his pockets looking away from the bearded man who sat in front him. "Mi ha detto di occuparmene il prima possibile."

    "Comunque," the other one started, moisturizing his lips before he went on. "Bruciare l'intera vigna è stato stupido." Those green eyes of his stared at the Korean Italian seeming to copy the dissatisfied emotion he had in his mind.

    "Ha detto che avrei potuto usare qualsiasi mezzo necessario per portarlo a termine." Another calculated answer came from Vincenzo, his eyes still gazing out towards the opening of the roofed porch, the sun lighting everything in its path but that one long corridor where the two where speaking.

    "Giusto. Mio padre si fida sempre delle tue decisioni," he said an eyebrow slightly raised. "Ma non mi sono mai fidato sempre del mio."

    Vincenzo nodded his head with an answer to that specific problem of his, "Perché sei sempre stato sbadato quando ti prendevi cura delle cose." The gentleman looked up with his threatening olive green eyes as he continued on. "Sei andato contro la sua parola, qualunque cosa accada, non facciamo del male a donne o bambini."

    Frustrated, he inhaled the cigar one last time before outing it in a pile of ashes that was in a bowl presented to him on the table. His eyes darted over to Vincenzo, leaning back into his seat he spoke, "Vincenzo. Mio amico. Mio fratello. Ora che sono il tuo capo mi piacerebbe vederti più leale."

    "Paolo. Mio fratello. Sono sempre pronto a dimostrarti la mia lealtà," he paused, glancing at his brother with no emotion from his voice as he continued, "finché te lo meriti."

    "Dov'è Aza?" he asked, realizing that his favorite girl wasn't with this annoying brother of his.

    "Nessuna delle tue preoccupazioni.." he answered, having finished the conversation and walked away. His brother sat there having a grim look on his face swiftly looking behind him, watching his brother walk away from him without a glance spared in his direction. He turned around internally fuming at this man mire existence.

   She made her way inside the living room with the chocolate smoothie held tightly with a white napkin supposingly protecting her small hands from the icy cold of the beverage. She watched her brother take a seat on the chair clearly stressed out picking up a cigar for him to smoke.

   Her eyes were kept on her brother's movements, standing right beside the chair he sat on with a cigarette already in his mouth. He paused. Glancing at the lighter he was about to reach for and the little one who stood right next to him, he sighed taking the cigarette out and breaking it.

    Leaning back onto the sofa his head resting on the pillows he loosened his tie and spoke to the swaying child. "Azrael, you can go in your room you know.."

    "I know." She smiled, scooting her way and finding a seat right beside him, her teeth comfortably resting on the green straw for the smoothie cup. "I wanna stay here, Vinny." And with that she closed her plump lips over the straw and sipped the beverage, internally regretting it later after having the third brain freeze that evening she expressed her discomfort without fail.

    "I told you not to drink it so fast.." he poked Azrael's cheek then as if raising his hand cost so much energy it dropped to his side rather quickly.

   The day passed quickly, and Azrael spent her time reading the new books that shipped in from America, English is a language she wants to further her studies in, plus getting new books was always a blessing. She was seated on the edge of Vincenzo's bed waiting for him to finish making it. He was placing white pillows underneath the covers to make it look like someone was snuggled tight sleeping.

    "Are you sure they're coming here, Vinny?" Azrael asked the fourth time, her anxiety crawling up her skin. He turned to her and took her hand carrying her to the bathroom that was in his bedroom.

    "I'm positively sure, you know Paolo doesn't like me don't you?" he seated her on the covered toilet seat as she nodded her head now clutching the book, the adrenaline rushing through her system. It was a bit dark in that bathroom and the ominous feeling that seeped through wasn't helping. "Aza, be good and stay here okay? It might be a tad bit loud but I assure you, I'll be fine."

    "Are you sure?" she asked, her eyebrows frowning matching the motion of her lips. Was she scared? Yes. Did she say anything? No. She was supposed to be over gunshots by now, but sadly that sort of trauma is not something you can overcome just like that.

    "I'm sure, now stay here and stay quiet. Whatever you do try not to scream.." he instructed with the gun in his hand backing away from her hand placing his back against the wall to the entrance of the bathroom door.