Chapter 36

"How did I come out to my dad?"

Keefe sighed as he hung his head back against the tree bark. Fitz rested his head on his knees as he watched Keefe. They were sat in the field they'd go together, by the tree they always would sit at.

"I asked him if I could talk with him." Keefe said.
"So, we found a time where he could talk and we were in the living room. He was sat down while I stood in front of him. I told him I liked boys as well as girls, that I was bisexual."
Keefe fiddled with his hands and he looked at Fitz.
"He wasn't happy at first." Keefe smiled weakly.

"I didn't expect him to be happy."
"... and now?" Fitz asked, tilting his head.
"He's... more open to it." Keefe said.
"He wants to be a better dad, I think he's just coming to terms with it. Especially since I'm dating Tam now."
Fitz hummed and nodded.
"So, did he shout at you?" Fitz asked.
"Nah. His face dropped and he felt... disappointed. But I'm used to disappointing him, so I didn't care." Keefe shrugged at Fitz.

"Why are you asking me this?"
Fitz bit his lower lip and he shrugged at Keefe.
"I want to come out to my dad." Fitz said.
"What?" Keefe smiled.
"Dude, that's awesome!"
Keefe playfully punched Fitz's shoulder and Fitz smiled.
"Yeah... I'm just...not sure how he'll act." Fitz sighed.
"I mean, he cares about my image. Like a lot. And if I'm dating a boy, that may... ruin things. I don't care, I mean... I'm open with dating Dex to like everyone but him. So..."

Keefe frowned and he sighed.
"Your dad will probably get angry." Keefe said.
"I'm not gonna try and lie, saying that it'll all work out and be okay. But... dude, just be ready for anything."
"You say that like he might hurt me." Fitz said, looking at Keefe.
Keefe shrugged.
"You Vacker males for some reason get violent when you're pissed." Keefe stated.

"And... well..."
Keefe gulped, not wanting to finish his sentence
"Fitz, you nearly killed Alvar before..."
Fitz's breath hitched and he gulped.
"Keefe-" Fitz began.
"I know." Keefe smiled at Fitz.
"It's just... I'm worried what your dad may do. Make sure you're safe. That your mother and Biana is there with you. I can even come help when you do it."

Fitz fiddled with the ring around his finger. Keefe looked at the ring.
"Hey, that's neat. Where'd you get that?" Keefe asked, leaning in.
Fitz was surprised but he smiled as he took off the ring.
"Dex made it for me. He even made it so an image of him projects when I press... this button here." Fitz said, showing Keefe where the button is.
Keefe gently took the ring from Fitz and Fitz watched as Keefe looked at it in detail. Keefe whistled in approval.

"Don't lose Dexter, he's a good one." Keefe smiled at Fitz as he handed the ring back.
Fitz smiled as he took the ring and he put it on his finger.
"I won't." Fitz said.
"Or... well, I'll try not to."
"Hey! Have more faith in yourself! Plus, our Dexy is so in love with you. He wouldn't leave you." Keefe grinned.
"Haha, you have him wrong. He'd leave me in an instant if I did something wrong..." Fitz sighed softly, fiddling with the ring again.
"I can't mess up all the time and apologise, I can't expect him to always forgive me. It's not healthy."

"...You've matured, Fitz."
"And you're still so immature."
"Wow, I see how it is!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 615