13 | cry again

—— 2045, 5 november

there were days where wei felt like he wasn't himself— that he didn't belong within the world he was born into. when he was in high school, girls would always confess to him, but he rejected each one until there was one who greeted him everyday.
it sounds cliche as it may seem, and it was.

she was pretty, and hardworking. she was kind to others and stood up for what she stood for— she was the perfect girl in everyone's eyes who gave him strawberry milk every morning placed perfectly at the corner of his desk with a bright smile. when she confessed to him one day by inserting a love note into the palm of his hands that she asked him to open, he thought he might take the chance to see what dating felt like— even when his heart didn't beat for anyone in particular.

throughout the whole entire relationship, it was only her initiating everything and so one day, they sat together as they watched the sunset— she curiously asked.

"wei, do you not like me?"

he panicked, and stuttered on his words but she only smiled at him, "it's okay to tell me the truth wei, i'm not gonna cry." even when she looked like she was about to cry as seen in her eyes that were glistening in the orange hue.

wei's heart may not feel any love, but it felt pain and guilt for making this girl feel like their relationship was only built on her feelings rather than both of them.
"look.. heejin.. the reason— the reason why i never dated anyone before is because i don't feel that sense of love for anyone." and she sadly nods, yet still forces herself to smile to respond to him.

"that's okay, i understand that wei."

—— 🐧

it was quite a surprise when sunghoon texted jake the next following day after their one-on-one homie hangout— he was only to be left on read by the older.
was something wrong? he thought in his mind as he texted a bit more— asking if he did anything wrong for being left read.

the older still leaves him on read after the question despite the korean knowing that jake would respond to any question he displayed on screen and off screen.
sunghoon leaves through the door of his homely home with a definite location in his head that he knows the path to too easily.

it doesn't take him ten minutes before he was knocking on an apartment door he knew too well. the door is opened easily, peeking out from a little gap was a boy with messy hair and sleepy eyes. "now who the— oh it's just you, my roomie's best friend,"

he awkwardly smiles at the boy, "hi hyung.. is jake home right now?" he asked as jisung (park jisung, same age as jay but still older, lover to the loud voice of jungwon and sunoo's class in vocal lessons) just opens the door for the younger to enter.
"uh.. thanks?"

"welcome, now jake should be on the balcony in his room right now— but don't startle him though, he came back crying last night," he spoke in a monotone voice, yawning as he went back into his room, the door shut— leaving the younger to pounder in his thoughts and reasons to why jake would come back to the shared apartment crying.

he contemplates for a few minutes, but makes the choice to try to text jake once more before leaving the apartment to let him have his peace.

jakey

hoonie!!
you doing okay?
i'm here rn at your apartment and jisung said you cried last night
i'm sorry if i said anything that made you upset last night
really
i might not know what it is but if it affected you this badly, then i'm sorry
pls reply back when you can
lov|
|
sent.

he doesn't miss how his thumbs hover over the eight letters of his keyboard but he decides against it— choosing to open the apartment door to slip between through to walk back to his silent home as his brother was hanging out with friends and his dad was busy with work.

—— 🐶

the girlies

jakeyy
wonnie

wonnie
smth wrong jakey?
is it a hoon problem again??
omfg

geoie
wtf
does this man have a personal death wish with us girlies👹

jakeyy
noo
it's just
it's so stupid that i cried over this girl who used to know him and called him hoonie and he allowed it when yk how he usually is

sunnyy
yeah he literally glares at any of us who use hoonie to call him like jokingly or not
only heeseung can call him like that without any glaring
psh favoritism

wonnie
hold up
back up
girl?

jakeyy
yep
a girl :(

geoie
the fuck?

wonnie
now before we jump into any conclusions
did he tel you who the girl was?

jakeyy
his first love and ex-girlfriend
childhood friend going by the name of song heejin
and then hoonie texted me this this morning
> two attachments sent. 

wonnie
he seems guilty..?
also who told him that you were crying last night?

geoie
fr
it's not like he would know riigttt

sunny
maybe his roommate told him?
i mean jisung did text us in this gc last night to ask what happened when you were crying but even we didn't know that time

jakeyy
maybe
chenle must have threatened him that if he saw me cry he should comfort me in some type of way or smth

geoie
now that's some true trust there
chenle telling his boyfriend to comfort someone else is just pure love there

sunny
relationship goals

wonnie
are you doing okay now jake?
i know you tried to ignore those messages but couldn't help but read them right?

jakeyy
i'll be fine
it's just a girl
i'm just being insecure over her when sunghoon isn't even mine in the first place
i'll just take a nap for now
i'll come to the airport later promise

sunny
it's okay if you can't go to see me off jakey
just take some rest
i won't cry

geoie
LMAO
he's lying jakey😍
he'll sniffle and sob LMAOAJZN

sunny
oh shutup🙄

—— 🍒 author's notes
hehet
okay but srs tho
jake, jungwon and sunoo know heeseung's little lover🤭
the rest don't yet LMAO