Chapter 94: Lin Qiu mistakenly comes home

Comenzar desde el principio

Amused, He Yushen first snapped a photo, then wiped away the drool from Xiaobao's mouth and the damp spots on Nanyi's forehead.

Grabbing a coat, the bedroom door was opened and closed softly, leaving the two peacefully sleeping omegas inside.

As He Yushen turned at the staircase corner, he caught a glimpse of Lin Qiuwu standing in the living room, with the butler about to ascend the stairs.

He's the childhood friend Yunluo mentioned.

"Young Master, this gentleman is here to see you," the butler announced.

"He Yushen, did you go with Yunluo to his hometown in Yushi?"

Before He Yushen could descend the stairs, the man in the living room impatiently inquired.

He Yushen furrowed his brows, his tone cold, "What do you want?"

The man in the living room mirrored his frosty demeanor, saying with a hint of hostility, "You were away for three days, just the two of you. Don't you think your actions were irresponsible?"

He Yushen: ..................

"Hasn't your omega ever told you? Yunluo likes you."

Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs, He Yushen halted, standing by the stairway entrance, a momentary shock in his eyes.

It had never crossed He Yushen's mind that Yunluo might have feelings for him, nor had he ever paid attention to such matters.

No wonder a certain omega always centered the conversation around Yunluo, even this time, showing concern about whether the two shared a hotel room.

He Yushen's brows knitted in slight displeasure, "You've approached my omega."

Lin Qiuwu: .............

Lin Qiuwu was exasperated by He Yushen's misplaced emphasis and said impatiently:

"Indeed, I was the one who informed him about Yunluo's feelings for you. However, I didn't expect him not to have mentioned it to you. Perhaps your omega isn't truly devoted to you, maybe he's just after your wealth, hoping to rise from obscurity to grandeur," Lin Qiuwu scoffed with disdain, his voice dripping with mockery and his eyes filled with contempt.

The alpha's dark eyes flashed with coldness, filled with hostility and annoyance, "My omega is none of your business."

"Rest assured, I have no interest in your omega. However, it might be best if you limit your time alone with Yunluo in the future."

"Who do you think you are, instructing me on what to do?"

Lin Qiuwu's eyes also turned cold, his tone more grave: "I'd advise you not to string people along, and perhaps be more mindful of boundaries in the future."

Having said his piece, Lin Qiuwu promptly exited the living room without giving He Yushen a chance to reply.

He Yushen's brows slightly furrowed again, the coat he had taken from the bedroom still in hand.

His initial intention of coming downstairs was to head out, but Lin Qiuwu's unexpected visit had delayed him. Nonetheless, He Yushen hadn't abandoned the idea of leaving.

He wanted to return home before the omega upstairs awoke.

Nanyi, deep in slumber in the bedroom, was oblivious to the happenings in the living room. He had slept for two hours.

After such a long nap, his head felt heavy and slightly painful.

The room was engulfed in darkness, the weight beside him absent. Groping in the dark towards where Xiaobao should be, he found emptiness; the alpha who had been embracing both him and Xiaobao was nowhere to be found.

Nanyi momentarily couldn't discern whether it was the dead of night or merely evening.

If not for the lingering discomfort, he might've believed the day's events were but a dream.

Switching on the bedside lamp, he noticed a supposedly asleep Xiaobao staring wide-eyed at the ceiling.

"Xiaobao, you're awake."

Nanyi lifted up Hesi Yi, planting a gentle kiss on the child's soft cheek.

"Your dad sneaked out of bed without waking us up; he's so naughty."

In response, Xiaobao playfully waved his little hand.

Nanyi was dressed only in He Yushen's oversized shirt, his legs bare, and showing faint traces from earlier in the day.

After all, he was wearing underwear underneath, so he didn't bother with pants. He drew back the curtains of the bedroom which had been closed all day, revealing a dusk sky—so deep in blue it was almost consumed by the encroaching darkness.

Nanyi turned back to the bed, picked up Xiaobao, and proceeded downstairs.

The living room was empty; there was no sign of He Yushen.

Nanyi felt a hint of displeasure. The alpha had promised to spend a week at home with him, and not even a full day had passed before he disappeared.

"Your dad is really annoying!"

Holding Xiaobao, Nanyi sat cross-legged on the couch, always voicing his complaints to the little one who couldn't respond.

"How can anyone find me annoying?"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.