Storm On The Rise

Start from the beginning

"Where are you going??" Lisa stared after her, confused.

"Out! Just like you said!" Minji yelled, before slamming the door.

Lisa rolled her eyes.

***

The streets of Seoul were dark and chilly. Minji looked up to the sky and sighed. Dark clouds covered the night sky, but then again, even if they didn't she couldn't see the stars anyway. The lights of the city were blinding.

Minji stood still for a while, gazing up at the sky. People passed her, left and right and she could hear their laughter in the air. She closed her eyes, feeling an odd sting in her heart. She missed Hanni's laugh.

Shaking it off, she continued her walk down the street. She didn't have a clear direction, she just walked aimlessly in the crowd. She picked a quieter street and headed down, away from the people. Even though she had been avoiding it, she really needed to clear her head.

It had been two months since the attack in the hotel. Two months since Hanni had stabbed her in the back and leaked her address to KSA.

Minji couldn't even count the sleepless nights she had spent thinking about it all. The first two weeks had been pure pain. Her emotions had been like a rollercoaster, switching between anger, hurt and despair. She wanted revenge. No one would double cross her without consequences.

She had been so blinded by anger, trying to shut down her heart that was whining, longing for the one who had stabbed it. But as the weeks had passed, the more she thought about it, the more she began to realize that Hanni's actions made no sense.

Why had the Vietnamese saved her life, not only once, but twice, if she was going to betray her later on. And when she had been with Hanni, the woman seemed anything but fake. She had seemed so genuine, and when they had been making love...

Minji shut her eyes from the sudden memory. Was it all fake? But back then, she had heard the woman's heart.

She no longer wanted to believe any of it. She wanted to believe that there was a reason for Hanni's actions.

Lisa was sure of Hanni's guilt and Minji trusted her friend. But the only thing they had seen was the CCTV footage, neither of them had been actually there so they didn't know for sure what had happened.

Minji wouldn't believe otherwise until she heard it from the Vietnamese herself. But would she even see her again? And how far was she willing to go just to find out the truth?

Suddenly, she felt a drop on her face. She held her steps, raising her look up to the sky. Another drop dropped on her forehead. Minji flinched, was it going to rain?

As she lowered her gaze, she finally realized where her feet had taken her. Her jaw almost dropped and she could feel her heart clenching.

No, not this place...

Hanni opened her umbrella and immediately she heard the rain hitting the surface, drowning out all other sounds around her. The rain had got her by surprise, and now it was pouring down. Some people around her were running, trying to find a cover.

She continued her walk down the street. She had dinner with Hyein in a restaurant nearby. Hyein had left some time ago but Hanni wasn't ready to go home yet. She wanted to clear her mind. She needed some fresh air.

Overall the evening went well, she had fun until Hyein had brought up...

Hanni sighed, dropping her gaze on the ground. She didn't want to remember it.

Hyein had talked about Minji for some reason. Whatever the reason was, Hanni could only reply she hadn't heard from Minji in months. And it was the truth. Ever since the night at Minji's house...