Summertime Sadness

Start from the beginning

Then for one month, he didn't met anyone, not a single person.
It's not like he didn't go out of his house, he did. But he didn't met anyone. Not his mother or brother, not Seokjin or Namjoon. Neither Taehyung or Jungkook.
Some of them tried but Yoongi didn't budge.

He was at his home, sometimes he took a walk around or went to places to calm his nerves. He chose to be alone with his thoughts.
Living in the apartment with all the memories breathing over his neck was a torture but he chose to take it.
A lot of times he felt like breaking, all the memories tearing him apart.
But he needed to keep himself going. Everytime the image of his siren flashed in his mind, in the memories his heart screamed one thing.
He is not gone.

And Yoongi chose to believe it.

After one month, when Seokjin literally pushed Yoongi out of his apartment he reluctantly went to his mansion.
He went straight to his room and locked himself again.
In the evening, his mother came. She knocked slightly calling his name softly,
"Yoongi..."

For all his life, his mother never interfered in his space or privacy and if she wants to talk to him, then she has a definite reason.
He opened the door, leaving it open for his mother to come inside.
She closed the door behind. As Yoongi stood near the windows of his childhood room, his mother took her sit at the corner of his bed.
It's so familiar.
When he was a kid, he would tell her everything what happened in school and she patiently listened to everything, they would laugh over trivial things.
Then his mom used to read him stories until he fell asleep.
But He still remembers the forehead kisses his mother used to give thinking Yoongi has fell asleep.

His mother sole presence makes the room warm, like a hug on a cold winter night.

"How are you???" She asked looking at Yoongi softly.
"You know, mom." He replied. He doesn't need to lie to his mom. She knows everything.
"I know." She sighed.

For a moment, there was just silence. Both of them lost in their thoughts but just then Seo Min Young said something.
"Yoongi,
Do you really believe it????" She asked. Her voice has this far off tone as if she is thinking deep into someone.

Yoongi looks at her, specially at her face. She is looking at the wall. The wall had pictures of their family and Yoongi.
His childhood pictures, him in his school uniform, him playing piano. Him with his first prize for playing piano with his father, their family picture of the four.

Then the recent addition is on Jimin's last birthday Seo Min Young decided to take a family photo including him.
Yoongi can't forget the shock on his face. 'Me???' Jimin mumbled. Seo Min Young smiled as she replied, 'Yes you. Now join us.' Yeonjun was way too enthusiastic about make him sit in the middle.

Yoongi is sure his mother is looking at that picture now.

"What??" He asked shakily.
His words pulled his mother out of her train of thoughts, she looked at Yoongi. Her eyes were soft but there was someone sharp too.

"That Jimin is alive."

Yoongi's breathe hitches for a moment. For a month he just struggled between his instincts and logics. It was a never ending war inside his head. His instincts and intuition continuously screamed that he is alive but the logics and facts said something else.
He looks away from his mother,
"Yes... I guess."

"Then I believe it too." She replied.

Yoongi snapped his head back to his mother.
His mother is someone who is grounded in reality. She is not someone who relies on false hopes. She will walk on the harsh roads of reality and face it head on rather than running away from it.
That's why her words came like a shock to him.