one

meeting agent 'hottie'

The past couple of days have been a blur for Athena. The only thing she really remembers was saying yes to joining Coulson's team. Of course when Fury found out, both she and Coulson got an earful from the director before he specifically said he does not want Athena joining Coulson's team. After a lot of begging, from both Athena and Coulson, - which did not work - Athena decided she'd spend the day with the director of shield, which in Athena language means annoy the hell out of Fury until he decides to let her join the team. It surprisingly worked.

Which is how Athena found herself standing in a dark corner next to Coulson, watching Agent Maria Hill talk to Agent Grant Ward, all she really knows about him is what she learned from Coulson and Hill, which wasn't much, they refused to share much of his personal life with her. Saying if she wanted to know she had to ask him herself. He had family problems, - thought a lot of people who join shield do - he's a 'specialist', and his name was Grant Ward.

"What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, Agent Ward?" Agent Hill asked, Athena wondering what that has to do with anything.

"Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division."

Athena looked over at Coulson, mouthing, "It does?" Coulson nodded, knowing he told the brunette when she joined the avengers but figured she wasn't paying attention at the time and he appears to be right.

Agent Hill nodded, "And what does that mean to you?"

"It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out 'SHIELD'." He answered, Coulson covering Athena's mouth knowing she was going to laugh. Seeing the unamused look on Hill's face, Ward sighed, "It means we're the line... between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe. Something turns up, like this Chitauri neural link, we get to it before someone bad does."

Hill nodded, looking at the object in her hand, she gets up before walking over to a guy holding a case fit for the object, "Any idea who Vanchat was planning to sell it to?"

"I'm more interested in how this Rising Tide group found out about it." Ward said, ignoring Hills question, "I thought they were just hackers. What changed?"

Agent Hill put her hands on her hips, "Everything's changing. A little while ago, most people went to bed thinking that the craziest thing in the world was a billionaire in a flying metal suit.Then aliens invaded New York and were beaten back by, among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the '40s, a vigilante with superpowers and a god."

"I don't think Thor's technically a god." Ward pointed out.

"Well, you haven't been near his arms." Hill tilted her head, Athena nodding in agreement. "The battle of New York was the end of the world. This - now - is the new world. People are different. They have access to tech, to formulas, secrets they're not ready for."

Ward leaned forward, squinting his eyes, "Why was I pulled out of Paris?"

Agent Hill licked her lips, "That, you'll have to ask Agent Coulson."

"Uh, yeah. I'm clearance level six. I know that... Agent Coulson was killed in action before the battle of New York. Got the full report." Ward nodded.

Coulson signals Athena, a signal they came up with before Ward came into the room. Athena loves making dramatic entrances or exits, and so does Coulson. So the two - plus Maria Hill - came up with a plan to make a dramatic entrance and when Coulson gives Athena the signal - which was just Coulson nodding his head in Wards direction -they walk in like total bad asses.