Chapter 3: Sister Bonding Time

Start from the beginning

Makoto is a very chirpy individual. It is what makes her so lovable and also a handful. Despite her energetic nature, she is fearless as she is agile with her bow-wielding skills. She is in the archery club at her middle school. Makoto even has better grades than I ever received. She isn't a top student but she is up in the higher ranks of her year's peers.

Unlike her, I had average grades. It was enough for me to graduate, to say the least. Makoto has many friends and many love confessions. Though she never accepted any of them, she isn't interested in the ones who have confessed to her thus far. Most of them she doesn't even know. They are either not in her class and/or in her year. Even so, she manages to captivate their lovey-dovey gaze by simply being her bright, honest, and in her own unique way – despite her hard-headedness – kind self.

My 13-year-old sister can have people like-like her while I am here dreading the thought of going on another date with the jackass I walked out on. I dreaded it so much that it made my eye twitch a bit. "I'd rather be in a room with a hungry lion than go on another date with that punk." I grumbled.

My response puzzled her. She opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off. "I will answer all your questions Mako" I ruffled her pixie (h/c) hair "after I shower." A dramatic groan came from her. It brought a grin to my face knowing I had all the power of withholding juicy info from her. "Come on, I had a long day at work and a bad date after it." I smiled at her pouting. "Lemme wash off my stress and then we can eat our tub of ice cream and chat in my room after. Keep studying in the meantime 'kay?" Makoto gave me a quick thumbs-up with such confidence it startled me at first. It made me laugh a second later.

Makoto appeared to have this newfound energy and was now hyper-focused on her textbook and papers, back to studying. I shook my head and chuckled while walking off to my bedroom.

I grabbed my favorite dark purple pajama set of a shirt with pants from my drawer. They had white cat paws scattered all over the pajama shirt and pants. This set was my favorite because Eri chose it last year with Makoto and Jirou for Christmas. Also, they were super soft and comfy.

I took them, and undergarments, and went to take a nice and long-needed shower.

»»——♡——««

"Mako! Come grab a spoon!" I shout as I close the freezer. I heard her running footsteps hurdling closer to the kitchen. "Finally! Hurry up! You will not believe the day I had! It was cra-zay I tell ya!" Makoto exaggerates, grabbing her tub of ice cream I set on the counter and our spoons. I blinked and she was already booking it back to meet me in my bedroom, I reluctantly followed after her.

This ice cream and chatting was a tradition of ours. I wanted to keep myself in Makoto's life as much as possible. She was all I had and I was all she had. This tradition was our way of staying in touch with each other's lives despite our lives being busy with her archery practice and my work. Also to remember that I am still her sister aside from being her main caretaker.

You may be wondering what I mean by that. Well, our parents are dead. They were loving and kind . . . But . . . Fate seems to hate the kind ones and shortens their lives so quickly . . . Our dad died in a car accident on his way from work when I was 13 and Makoto was 5 so she got a chance to know him. Our mom was left as a single mom to take care of us.