Chapter 19 - Family Reunion

Start from the beginning

Arriving at the Marui pod the others would now call their home, it was evident that the rest of my family were still in the process of unpacking and setting up their own, if little, spaces. The interior of the Marui was surprisingly spacious, providing ample room for everyone. My youngest sister, Tuk, was the first to notice Ayoe pulling me along.

"(Firin!)" she exclaimed, bouncing closer to the floor, that was made the same way the walls and the walkways outside were made, woven by some sort of fabric, what exactly I was unsure. Ayoe quickly released my hand, before anyone could even turn their heads to look at us, adopting a defensive posture with crossed arms, seemingly having put the annoyed mask back on. Tuk, undeterred, jumped up with wide arms, embracing me. Despite the lingering sting from Ayoe's throw, I reciprocated, spinning her around once before gently setting her down. Even if she makes you as annoyed as Ayoe wanted to look right now, did my little sister mean well. Tuk held onto me, and the others gathered around, or at least turned to look at the commotion at the door opening end of the inside.

"(Firin.)" Neytiri echoed her daughter, embracing me in a sideways hug. As they let go, I noticed Lo'ak snickering, which was earning him a subtle elbow from the eldest of us, the Sully children, Neteyam.

"(I wanted to get my stuff; you seem to have been kind enough to take it with you.)" I casually remarked to no one in particular, just stating the intention of my visit. I would rather have it not be one, but the circumstances had my hands tied for another reality, being separated just like before. Back then it was the science laboratory and now it was a private Marui.

"(Why don't you introduce us to your new girlfriend?)" Lo'ak teased whilst having his classic dumb grin smeared across his face. He protected himself from another disciplinary attack from his older brother for saying that remark out loud.

The reactions varied from person to person. Jake shook his head, ignoring the comment from the teenage boy. Neytiri sighed lightly, but also unaffected by it. Tuk giggled like her older brother had whilst giving his rather unfunny remark, still holding onto my hand. One reaction that differed from the general consensus of just going with it was Kiri, whose eyes shifted between Ayoe and me a few times, a wave of doubt washed over her concerned face and it left behind a mix of her neutral and happy self. Her lips were slightly curved up. So maybe her reaction was not too different in the end.

Ayoe rolled her eyes, which was seemingly the reason why Kiri had reacted that way in the start. She maintained her crossed arms and leaned on the side of our entrance, as best as she could with how it was shaped, waiting for me to finish. It was certainly not designed for that usage, but when had that stopped people from using things like that? I only smiled lightly; it had a mild nature to it, so why overreact like a certain someone might have.

"(Very funny, Lo'ak. Why don't you become a comedian?)" I ruffled Tuks hair with my free hand, paying no more mind to Lo'ak and expectantly looked at my dad "(Where did you put my things?)"

"(There.)" Jake pointed in a seemingly random direction. With my quick scan I was able to see the small area I was supposed to have in here, where a box and a bag found themselves untouched by the other 6 Na'vi who had rigorously unpacked their own things, spreading their possessions' influence across most of the floor. My things not being touched was for the better, as I do not wish for any of them to scramble through my private belongings. I mean, not that there is anything to hide, but privacy from time to time is still very nice. Especially with nosey siblings, who wake you up in your private room, from nowhere.

"(Thanks, dad.)" I stepped in the direction he had pointed, passing my two brothers who sat in the way. When I got close to them, I gave Lo'ak back some smack, like he liked to give out. "(And you got yourself a girlfriend as well, right?)" He gave a confused look. I turned around, giving him no more of my attention as I had reached my things. "(Not five minutes in new territory and already leaving a mark with the Olo'eyktans daughter.)"

The Unaccepted | Kiri x Human FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara