Chapter 2 - How to train your Ikran

It was a quiet day. Spider and I were sitting on the edge of one of the platforms. Everyone seemed to be planning, fighting, or whatever else they do. "How long have we been sitting here?" I asked. Time really flies in the mountains for some reason, just like them themselves, just not today. I looked over at the dark blond-haired teen next to me, waiting for my answer.

"...I have no clue" I looked down, just like him, you could see the jungle clearly from here. Sometimes you could catch a glimpse of a Palulukan or 'Thanator' in the human language hunting its prey or a herd of 'angtsìk passing through. Today seemed to be different, with nothing for us to do and nothing happening below.

I sighed "Man this blows! What are we even supposed to do? All we can do at this point is train our asses off to become stronger but even that is boring today." Silence, either Spider phased out again or he just didn't want to answer my complaint, letting it stay in the air with no purpose.

He eventually took a deep breath "Want to go wandering to the Ikrans?" Hmm, not a bad idea. I hummed in approval and stood up after what felt like many hours. Spider also arose with a groan.

"(Want to take the lead?)" He again ignored me and started walking. Asshole.

"(Are you coming?)" I guess I just stood there, not walking, merely letting the gears turn in my head. I jogged towards him "(Yeah yeah.)"

We didn't rush ourselves, why would we? We were bored in the first place and now that we have something to do we do it as slowly as possible, like carefully walking over the bridges made our of liana older than anything we know, excluding the tree of souls or similar things.

The first few times Spider or I climbed our way over the flying mountain relief, Ikrans would try and attack us, but over time we think Eywa got tired of stopping our attempts to explore for us unknown land and now lets us pass through here or since last year even live here.

Thank Eywa again since it didn't rain and there is no fog, otherwise we could be in a bad spot if someone slipped on the wet stone or fauna, hurting themselves and the other one couldn't find them. So, I at least appreciate the sunny weather today.

It was a long climb until we finally reached Mons Veritatis, the largest mountain in the Hallelujah Mountains, home to our target, the Ikrans.

"Do you hear that, Firin?" "Hear what?" "Shh!" at first, I wanted to protest, but now with Spider sternly telling me to shut my mouth I did and stayed quiet, just like a Palulukan sneaking up on its prey. Ahh, now I could hear what the teenager next to me meant. The very faint din of a large group of Ikrans could be heard. I excitedly looked at Spider, who seemed to share the same enthusiasm, since we obviously couldn't bond with them to become an Ikran Makto like the rest of the Na'vi, lacking the queue.

"Let's not be too loud, like them." I whispered to which Spider nodded and we both continued our journey closer to the rookery, not trying to alarm any of them, assuming the wild ones would attack us on sight.

The higher we climbed, the closer we got to them, the more dangerous the path we went became, to the point I thought about going back, but why do that now, when we are so close to the finish line?

"(This wasn't a good idea man.)" We had to hug a stone wall to pass with no safety whatsoever and the deadly fall was just centimeters away. The stone was slippery as a waterfall flew next to us.

"(Watch your step, Firin.)" As if I wouldn't do that, I'm too young to die.

"(Tell yourself that, I don't want a death on my consciousness.)" I hoped the Ikrans are worth all this shit. And to think we have to do this the other way again, my body shuddered and I almost lost my footing. I heard a snort from my right