LORD SNOW

KING'S LANDING

Ned is at the front of the procession, followed by Aldo, Jory, and other guards. Behind them, Arya, Sansa, and SEPTA MORDANE are riding in a cart. As they enter the courtyard, Ned and Aldo gets off his horse and is greeted by the ROYAL STEWARD.

ROYAL STEWARD: Welcome, Lord Stark. Grand Maester Pycelle has called a meeting of the Small Council. The honor of your presence is requested.

Ned: Get the girls settled in. I'll be back in time for supper.

Aldo: Jory..... you go with them.

Jory: Yes, Ser

ROYAL STEWARD: If you'd like to change into something more appropriate...?

Ned and Aldo gives the STEWARD a blank stare before taking off their gloves.

The STEWARD is leading Ned through a hallway of the Red Keep when a GOLD CLOAK stops them.

Gold Cloak: Lord Stark......Ser Aldo?

The GOLD CLOAK takes off his helmet and reveals himself to be Carmine Lake

Ned: Do I know you?

Carmine: It's me. Carmine Lake.

Aldo: Carmine...? My goodness, lad, you've grown up. Last time I saw you, you were a little boy. And now you're a Gold Cloak.

They shake Carmine's hand

Carmine: Allow me to congratulate you on being named Hand and Defender.

Ned: Thank you. I was glad King Robert gave me the honor. And how about you, lad? How's King's Landing treating you?

Carmine: It treats me alright. I hope it does the same for you.

Aldo: How is your father? How are things in Lakeside?

Carmine: He's great. Things in Lakeside are normal as ever.

Ned: I haven't seen Jaron in ten years. Maybe I should invite him here for a visit sometime....

ROYAL STEWARD: I don't mean to be rude, but the Small Council is waiting for us....

Carmine: My apologies. You have more important things to do than talk to me right now. It was nice seeing you again, Lord Stark, Ser Aldo.

He shakes their hands again.

Aldo: You too, lad.

They and the ROYAL STEWARD continues walking while Carmine stares after them.

They arrive at the main throne room. Ned and Aldo enters and looks around. Jaime is seen sitting on the steps in front of the Iron Throne. When he sees them he gets up and walks over

Jaime: [sarcastic] Thank the Gods you're here, Stark. About time we had some stern Northern leadership.

Ned: Glad to see you're protecting the throne.

Jaime briefly glances at the throne.

Jaime: Sturdy old thing. How many kings' asses have polished it, I wonder? Um, What's the line? "The King shits and the Hand wipes."

Aldo: [looking at Jaime's armor] Very handsome armor. Not a scratch on it.

Jaime: I know. People have been swinging at me for years, but they always seem to miss.

Ned: You've chosen your opponents wisely then.

Jaime: I have a knack for it.

He looks down at Aldo's red ring