I: smiling gazes

☦"moon, tell me i could send my heart up to you?"☦

- mitski

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

it wasn't intentional really,

just a mere drift of the eyes

she thought as she gazes upon your lone figure. the gentle shine of the sun casting its rays on your body while you kept your gaze fixated on the words on the pages you're reading.

she stared for a few moments, laying gaze on your ethereal body before she gently shook her head and turned her head away as she now glanced at the empty whiteboard and tried to keep her eyes off you.

it was almost as if something was drawing her close to you and she was lucky enough to be strong enough to keep her orbs off you. she was just like everyone else, wanting to have a piece of your heavenly picture as she thought of you.

"y/n.. such a bright figure in such a dark world..."

arlecchino said in her mind, she was never really the optimistic person; always seeing the worst in everything to lessen her expectations.

"he's perfect...."

indeed he was, always seen as the bright string of light that everyone wants to hold; always helping others, smiling softly, and giving everyone his reassurance. in other words, he was the perfect man that most would be with.

"too perfect..."

but arlecchino knew better, being cautious with him and doubting the perfection that has blessed their class as she sat by the window. she sees just how "perfect' she is and already knew, knew that something about him felt.. off....

i'm tired,

tired of everything

of everyone

i hate this....

stop looking at me like that...

stop...

"y/n."

someone called out, making him turn from the bathroom sink to his back, seeing a lone figure.

"give everyone that smile"

as if autonomously, the corners of his lips lifted into that same smile he give everyone.

"just keep smiling, my boy..~"

.

.

.

"yes, mother..."

the boy spoke softly, giving his mother a smile as he walked right through her figure and out into the school hallways once again. he walked, smiling.