A Promise For Us

Everyone in the castle was called into the Grand Hall because of the King. Crowding the halls, and even the doors to enter, I ran into Calious. He grabbed my hand, and pushed through the crowd of people. Arius and his father stood above everyone on the thrown.

"You should go." Calious whispers to me.

I walked up the steps, and sat next to Arius. He watched as I sat down, not saying or looking at him, he might have not remembered what happened last night.

King Agron discussed as the people watched him, about the political values this country has, the battles and rivalries we will face in the next few years, but to not worry and stay calm. Queen Gloria made a few glances to Arius and I, since we haven't said one word to each other since I sat down.

"Arius...do you have anything to say?" Agron asks.

Arius looks at me before he stood beside his father, raising his head proudly and confidently, he speaks in a stern voice.

"I will do anything in my power to protect the people I love and charrish. We will have a better life from now on...I can promise you that." He says.

One by one, the townspeople came up to Arius and I with gifts. Some for Julius and his rooms, others were for the both of us.

"I hope you like it...It will help you both in the future." An elderly man says.

Our hands touch underneath the marble box, but we don't react to it, until he leaves. I take my hand off the box, and accept another one. I feel Arius's arm brush against my arm, which sends shivers up my spine.

"Thank you all for coming...this will make for a better future for everyone." Agron says.

~

As everyone leaves, I hurry out the room, but Calious asks me something.

"No. Not that I know of, I thought your father would have a spare?" I ask.

Calious, worried, shakes his head. We continue talking, even saying goodbye to the townspeople as they leave.

Arius's POV

I watched Eliana hurry down the steps and out the door, even when my brother stops to ask her something.

"Is Eliana alright? She hasn't really spoken to you..well..she really hasn't spoken to you since you arrived last night? What happened." My mother asked.

I shrugged my shoulders because I didn't know why she didn't speak to me.

"Arius.." I look up from Calious and Eliana and see my good friend Stephanè Narcisse walking down the hallway.

A few of his hunting men walk behind him.

"It's good to see you old friend, I didn't hear you were coming here?" I ask.

I bring him into a hug when his men bow down to me.

"I heard you were married? To Eliana of Scotts? Very lucky man, she's very powerful, but I've never really seen her in person." He says.

I show him Eliana, who is still discussing with Calious about something.

I walk over to the both of them, interrupting their conversation.

"I'm sorry but there is someone I would like for you to meet Eliana," I whisper to her. She refused to let me place my hand on her back since she hurried to greet him.

"Hello." She says. The men bow down before her with gratitude.

"Stephanè, this is my wife and mother to my son...Eliana." His kisses the top of her hand.