Chapter 9

After the video shooting, Feliks and Toris left Ivan's house and spent the rest of the day editing. Toris walked with a slight limp.

They posted the video a couple of hours later on a newly created YouTube channel. Feliks had insisted on calling it FabuLiet.

Toris anxiously checked the video every few seconds to see if the viewcount changed, but it seemed stuck on a big number 0.

Feliks was busy scrolling through memes on Instagram when his phone suddenly chimed. The Pole opened the message. His eyes widened.

"Gilbert like, texted me."

Toris frowned. "How does Gilbert even know your number?"

Feliks shrugged. "I don't know. I never gave it to him..." He trailed off.

Toris sighed. "Never mind. Gilbert knows everyone's number."

"Oh. Is it like, a superpower or something? Because that's totally badass. Like, whenever he looks at people does he see phone numbers floating above their heads?"

Toris chuckled. "I don't think it works that way, but sure. Gilbert's a phone number superhero. Why not?"

"Gilbert is more of a supervillain than a superhero." Feliks smiled crookedly. "I like, need a partner in crime to help me defeat him."

Toris nodded, amused. "Sure, but what's with you and 'partners in crime'? You keep mentioning that."

"I don't know," Feliks answered. "That's just what we are." His eyes sparkled warmly. "So if Gilbert is a Supervillian, we must be Superheros. What would my superhero name be?"

Toris thought for a moment. "You'd be Chatman. Because you like to talk so much."

"And you'd be Throbin," Feliks decided. "Because you hurt yourself so much."

Toris raised an eyebrow, a smile dancing playfully on his lips. "Chatman and Throbin; the perfect duo. And what would Gilbert's Supervillian name be?"

Feliks hesitated. "He'd be the Schmoker."

"Why?"

"Because that sounds, like, totally German, or Prussian, or whatever he is. Plus," Feliks paused as he quickly looked something up on his phone. "Urban Dictionary says-" Feliks pinpointed the webpage he was looking for. "-that a Schmoker is like, 'used as a term of endearment or a trash talking term.'"

Toris crossed his legs, grinning. "And which one is it in this case? A term of endearment or a trash talking term?"

"Trash talking term. Like, totally."

"Hmm. Makes sense." Toris wished he could've not enjoyed the conversation, but Feliks was just so easygoing and fun to talk with. "Well if Gilbert's superpower is seeing phone numbers, what would ours be?"

Feliks scratched his chin. "Well mine would be being Fabulous. I'm pretty good at that."

Toris, feeling jocular, responded, "Well than mine would be finding amazing partners in crime. I'm pretty good at that." The words spilled out of Toris's mouth before he could stop them. He instantly regretted it.

Feliks blushed and looked away. He twiddled his fingers restlessly. "Liet, can I like, tell you something?"

Toris said nothing, but Feliks continued anyway. "I love you. Please don't like, be mad at me for this. I know you don't love me back." Toris gulped. Feliks looked down. "I'm not going to like, kiss you again or anything. I just wanted to say that. We haven't known each other long, but I love you enough that I'm not going to try to force you to love me back. I just love being with you, and hearing your voice. As long as I can do that, I don't mind not dating you."

Toris couldn't think of anything to say. His mouth felt dry. Eventually, he murmured, "Okay."

"I'm sorry," Feliks looked ashamed. "I ruined the moment again, didn't I? Damnit I totally need to get my feels in check."

Toris shook his head. He felt awkward, but he replied, "No. As you said yesterday, friends should know everything about friends. I guess it's good to know where we stand with each other." Feliks nodded, still looking upset with himself.

Toris desperately wanted to change the subject. "So, uhm, what does that message say?"

"Erm, I'd rather not say. I'll just show it to you."

Toris gently took the phone from his friend and clicked the message.

Hey Corporal Faggot, do me a favor and check out the channel BadTouchTrideos on YouTube. This is the awesome Gilbert btw ✨🐥✨

All the mixed emotions Toris felt from the conversation he was holding evaporated. Now, he was nothing but enraged. Toris suddenly felt protective of Feliks. How dare Gilbert call him a faggot? What was the Prussian up to?

Feliks seemed to sense the sudden mood change in his friend. He didn't question the Lithuanian when he immediately went to his laptop and typed something into the YouTube search bar, fingers angrily slamming against the keys.

Toris pulled up a video and gestured for Feliks to watch it with him.

The video was pretty simple. The song 'Nasty Freestyle' was playing, and Gilbert and Francis were dancing to it. The two looked amazing; they were both shirtless, abs rippling as they tore apart their adopted dance floor. Their hip hop moves were smooth and perfectly timed to the music, but that wasn't what caught Toris's eye.

In the middle of the two was Antonio... twirking!?

Indeed, the Spaniard was propped upside down against a brick wall, and he was definitely twirking. His butt wagged to the beat of the music.

Felik's mouth gaped open. "Is this the video Gilbert said would go viral?"

Toris gulped. "Yes, I believe it is."

The viewcount was already almost 5,000, even though it had apparently been posted only 2 hours ago. Toris opened the comments.

Kawaiisenpailady101: omg the guy in the middle is HOT.

Kyliesanderson__: That booty tho

YrABastard: Fuck the jerk bastard in the middle. That tomato conspiring douche bag better stop being such a fucking sexy beast. Damnit.
(105 likes 👍)

Toris shut the laptop, placing his head in his hands. "Are we screwed?"

Feliks coughed into his hand. "Totally."