What would he do?

He searched her eyes before scooping her face, he kissed her as if to offer her some sort of comfort that he couldn't bring himself to explain with words. He could hypothesize what could have happened if everything happened differently but He didn't care.

He just wanted Ophelia well.

He broke their kiss and pulled her into his arms.

Whatever Ophelia was going to tell him had something to do with the attack and he was going to get to the bottom of it.

He led her upstairs and they resumed the briefing with the media team. There has been a bomb incident with no casualties.

Ophelia was getting to the bottom of the terrorist attacks on his behalf. She held a lot more together for him than anyone knew. She was his right hand person.

He changed his suit and they mic'd him up as another team briefed him on on-screen positioning.

He sat in front of the camera with Remi by his side.
He started off stating what had happened and the consequences of what had happened, thanking God no lives were lost. He went on to assure his citizens that an investigation was going on and there was nothing to be afraid off.

His voice broke off as he told them to be observant and to notify the authorities of their suspicions. He bid them farewell and the cameras were turned off and he could finally breathe. He was feeling claustrophobic in his own house.

'Get this mic off me' he yelled

A staff rushed over and took the mics off him as the doors opened and Timi walked in, His face unexpressive but Tobi could tell his eyes were sincerely worried. He walked up to Tobi and they exchanged hugs and shook hands without saying a word.

No one had to know.

Ife yelled for them to clear up the foyer and leave as they walked into the elevator to go down to see Ophelia.

'How is she doing'

' she's good. She's getting better'

' and how are you'

' I have had better days'

' we all have'

They walked into the room together only to see that she was awake. Her eyes were faint and she was sluggish due to her lack of energy but she managed to smile at their presence.

'Hey...' she said softly as Tobi rushed off to her side.

'Are you okay'
'I have had better days' Ophelia joked with a smile

'Grandfather sends his greetings and sympathy. He had planned to meet with you before news of the incident reached him' Timi said as he held on to her hand. They weren't very close but they shared memories and he valued her relationship with Tobi

'I hope he doesn't mind but I need to regain my strength before I can meet with him again' she said with a smile, he never called on her much but she answered whenever he did. It was his form of accepting her but not fully accepting her. It was her form of payback for letting her stay when he had every right to get rid of her when Tobi saved her.

'Ophelia' remi called at the door as tears started to run down her eyes. She hurried to her bed side and held her hand ' I am so sorry'

'For what' Ophelia said as she smiled awkwardly looking from Tobi to Timi 'it's not like you shot me'

' no but I should have listened to you, you told me to stay still, I should have just listened' remi cried ' I am so sorry, it's all my fault'

'Why would I tell you to stay still' Ophelia said confused as she looked at Tobi 'I don't remember having such conversation with you honey nothing is your fault'

'Ophelia' Timi said standing up right 'what's the last thing you remember'

'Getting home from my dinner with the chief and getting ambushed'

Remi's eyes dried up as her mind started to wander around what was happening with Ophelia ' you don't remember walking in to the house and talking to me before asking to see Tobi alone'

'No, what am I missing' she said as she managed to laugh awkwardly

Timi, Tobi and Remi exchanged looks as if to come to a common agreement about Ophelia's memory.

This is what they wanted. They knew she was close to finding out what had happened

'You don't remember visiting Chima' Tobi asked
'She did?' Remi questioned before looking at Ophelia for an answer

'Who?' Ophelia asked as her face changed. She was started to feel agitated as she looked from face to face 'Tobi'

' I will go get the doctor' Remi said as she backed away slowly